Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Anchor From Dana Marine Products

Dana Marine Products
    NEW Jaws The Anchor - A simple and rugged folding design that was engineered for safe and easy handling. DMP Jaws Anchors lock in the open and closed position. They are specifically designed to help prevent hand injuries. This anchor will bite in even the most difficult bottom conditions. The high strength construction will insure a good set and the ability to retrieve the anchor when necessary. Available in powdercoated steel and stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance. Anchors include a draw string storage bag that fit the anchor only.
    JAW 100 - Stainless $239.95
    JAW 101 - Coated Steel $159.95
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...4JAW-100-1.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-Anchors-1.jpg
    Patent Pending
    www.danamarineproducts.com

Jyruiz
    How heavy is this anchor, I mean is it just as heavy as the box Anchor? And I see you only have one size, so up to what size boat will this anchor work on and are they going to make any galvanized?

wanna B V
    Looks like it could do a better job holding your boat than the box anchor. Do you know the cost?

a catered life
    dam i just mastered throwing my box anchor and now this :cry:

Hardly Satisfied
    nice looking anchor. looks like it will work good

Dana Marine Products
    It weighs 19 LBS. We've successfully used this anchor up to a 33 Formula which weighs roughly 10,000 lbs. We've looked at galvy coatings, and I wasn't impressed with the result. The key to this anchor was to have something that is safe to handle and easy to use. With the anchor locked in the closed position, it's a cinch to handle. It's a great piece. Our market testing included ten avid boaters that have used several different types of anchors over the years, and they all loved them.

RiverToysJas
    $240 for stainless.....is that polished stainless??? I'm all about the bling when it comes to my anchor!
    Will there be a smaller size for say, 19-25' boats?
    RTJas

Dana Marine Products
    No, it's not polished. We made a stainless version to offer the offshore guys a bullet proof anchor. The anchor isn't that big, that's what's nice about it, one size fits most. We have a product video on this anchor, I'm currently trying to figure out how to upload it for you guys.

Krumbsnatcher
    I was about to make a light weight billet one becuase of the weight, now i can put the project on the shelf.

Dana Marine Products
    Here's the product video we did on the new anchor,
    http://danamarineproducts.com/videos/AnchorWEB.wmv

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast