Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Gold Audio Blowout!!!!!

Froggystyle
    OK, amps and some speakers are gone.
    There are 6 sets of components left. Description is in the first post.
    There are 6 Subwoofers left.
    These are great components at a great price. Life is a garden, dig it!

Rev. Williams
    How do the X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers compare to the JL's? I still need two replacement subs. I wanted to have all 12 speakers in my ride to be JL, but at this price it could be worth it to have a little something different in there

boxscore
    I can vouch for PG. I've got the 1200 mono and the 200x4. I had a little hiccup with the mono amp, replaced it, now they are fantastic. They will burn up batteries pretty quick though.

Froggystyle
    I can vouch for PG. I've got the 1200 mono and the 200x4. I had a little hiccup with the mono amp, replaced it, now they are fantastic. They will burn up batteries pretty quick though.
    Well, 2400 watts of anything will go through batteries. The Class "D" monoblocks are actually the most efficient way to save your batteries and still make serious bass.

Froggystyle
    How do the X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers compare to the JL's? I still need two replacement subs. I wanted to have all 12 speakers in my ride to be JL, but at this price it could be worth it to have a little something different in there
    There are a bunch of different types of JL's. I would say the PG is right in line with the W6v2, better than the W3's and not as good as the W7's. For my money, the W7 is still the king of the hill. You would need to have a monster amp for each speaker though, and a huge enclosure to fit it in.
    I have considered JL heavily as a potential OEM for the Revolution. It would certainly have saved me a lot of money over Zapco, but I felt that the Zapco was a better fit overall.
    So, if you were planning on the W7's, I would say stick with them. If you were planning anything else, you aren't going to beat these prices and the PG stuff looks a lot cooler and sounds phenomenal.

jbtrailerjim
    Wes,
    Did you look into Arc Audio? Zapco is definitely some good stuff, pricey though.

Froggystyle
    Wes,
    Did you look into Arc Audio? Zapco is definitely some good stuff, pricey though.
    Looked into it. Didn't like the components as much as the Zapco. The amps on the Zapco fit a boaters needs a lot better too with a smaller size and better cooling.
    One really nice thing about the Zapco as well is that the newest amps that I should get the first items in production next week are called the digital reference series. These allow me to set gains and such via laptop and prevent people from turning the gains up too high and creating distortion which can kill speakers and amps. We will set them for optimal from the factory and they won't be adjustable. Additionally, I can pre-program the laptop so tuning each boat will take about 1 minute.

Rev. Williams
    Thanks for the honest answer Wes.... I was holding out for the W7's, so I think I'll contunue to save my pennies. I have the JL500's for when I get them, so they should hit well.
    There are a bunch of different types of JL's. I would say the PG is right in line with the W6v2, better than the W3's and not as good as the W7's. For my money, the W7 is still the king of the hill. You would need to have a monster amp for each speaker though, and a huge enclosure to fit it in.
    I have considered JL heavily as a potential OEM for the Revolution. It would certainly have saved me a lot of money over Zapco, but I felt that the Zapco was a better fit overall.
    So, if you were planning on the W7's, I would say stick with them. If you were planning anything else, you aren't going to beat these prices and the PG stuff looks a lot cooler and sounds phenomenal.

Phat Matt
    Thanks for the honest answer Wes.... I was holding out for the W7's, so I think I'll contunue to save my pennies. I have the JL500's for when I get them, so they should hit well.
    I would run the 1000/1 to push one of those. You are at the minimum with the 500/1. If you are going to stick with those amps you would be better off with the 13W6v2, but that's just my opinion.

phebus
    I just picked up a 1200.1, and a 200.4 from Wes. I have a 12" JL W7 in a sealed enclosure that I plan on powering with the 1200.1. The W7 hits pretty hard, and unless I had more mids and highs (I have 8- 6x9's), I think with two W7's, it would be pretty bass heavy.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast