Thread: did I kill it? water in oil, first day out since a cold winter. most likely cause?

did I kill it? water in oil, first day out since a cold winter. most likely cause?

I have a 1996 Ultra Custom (yes, that is the actual brand name) 19ft JetBoat. It has a Berkly Jetdrive and a 454 BBC marine motor.

This winter I had to store it outside under a tarp. It got down to -30 celcius... pretty cold.

I pinched off the feed hose and ran straight antifreeze into the motor before I parked it.

When I took it out today... it ran great... no issues for about 15min... i was idling around... waiting for some friends at the dock... and when idling at 800rpms it just stalled at the dock and would not turn over... ceased... awesome.

I took a look at the motor and very white frothy oil was coming out of the dipstick. Looked at the stick and sure enough, 4times the full mark of that crap in there.

So I pulled the boat out and changed the oil... it turned over and started right up... seems okay.. thankfully. No knocking or anything.

So that leads me to the problem... there is no oil coming out of the coolant leaving the motor. I did see what looks like a couple drip spots down the side of one of the heads... but I am not sure... might be from outside water, and not the gasket.

What are the odds... cracked block... cracked intake or gasket... or head gasket?

I am honestly thinking that I didn't get enough antifreeze into the motor. Mind you... doesn't almost all of the water drain out anyways?

how did you get straight anti-freeze into the motor?

Nice boat. Sounds like you didn't have your water valves adjusted right after the cold winter. Or maybe you didn't run the antifreeze far enough thru the engine to come out the back. It sounds like it got hot just idleing. How did you pump the antifreeze into the engine. Anyhoo I'll buy it as is....