Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cougar

Irishluck
    I have an interest in buying a cat in the near future. I like Cougars 22ft MTR with the Promax 300. I have never been in one and was wondering if anybody in the forums has one or owns one. What do you like and dislike ETC. They seem like a top notch company that got great reviews from Hot Boat and Powerboat.

22TWIN
    My boat is a 22mtr with twin 280's.
    Pro's - the fit and finish is flawless. The rigging is top shelf. The equipment used is all top of the line. It's fast as hell (read:100mph++)
    It's unbelievably stable from 80 to 110. Has as much room with the outboard configuration as most 26's.
    Con's - They're very expensive. Like all cats they don't turn well. But the only real con for me is I work 6 days a week so I don't get to use it nearly as much as I want.
    al

HavasuDreamin'
    22TWIN:
    Con's - They're very expensive. The prices have come down significantly. Check the back cover of ***boat Magazine. I have always heard good things about Cougar. It is a boat I would look into if I were in a position to buy new! Good Luck

HavasuBarney
    Awesome boat, maybe the best but for the money out there.

Infomaniac
    Cougars are great boats.
    I heard the fastest Cougar out there is a 1988 model. They must be good.

DogHouse
    Yeah but I heard it's currently stuck in the frozen ice in OK. Better thaw that bad boy out and bring it out west April 26...

ZSARGO
    Irishluck:
    I have an interest in buying a cat in the near future. I like Cougars 22ft MTR with the Promax 300. I have never been in one and was wondering if anybody in the forums has one or owns one. What do you like and dislike ETC. They seem like a top notch company that got great reviews from Hot Boat and Powerboat. GOT A 1999 DCB MACH22 FOR SALE. 300X MERCURY STILL SITTING IN CRATE. NEVER USED. YOU COULD HAVE THIS BOAT FOR MUCH LESS THAN A NEW COUGAR. NOW WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER OWN A COUGAR OR DCB
    GOSH I HOPE THEY DON'T DELETE MY TREAD. I GUESS I AM HINTING AT THE FACT THAT THE DCB IS A BETTER BOAT THAN COUGAR. SORRY HOT BOAT.

XLGPP
    only con I have with mine is my location and how far I am from Canada. Fortunately I havent needed them near yet, but it woulda helped when I was having it built.

rocketrickochet
    have friend who has the first 22 with 300 merc that was the first one out.it is the one tested by hot boat about 3 yrs ago. after the first season of use i contacted him to see what the scoop was, and his comment was that he was a little disapointed cuz his wife could drive it at speed so effortlessly, and when at speed it was deceiving

rocketrickochet
    have friend who has the first 22 with 300 merc that was the first one out.it is the one tested by hot boat about 3 yrs ago. after the first season of use i contacted him to see what the scoop was, and his comment was that he was a little disapointed cuz his wife could drive it at speed so effortlessly, and when at speed it was deceiving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast