Thread: Anyone run this prop?

FASTERDAMITT
    Just picked up this Hydromotive Q-IV 29 from a friend. Anyone run one? How do you like it?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...bay_Small_.jpg

nhbuoy
    ...the HYDROMOTIVE's are Steve Stepp's (VELOCITY POWERBOATS) prop of choice for most of his boats...The Superboat is a smiliar (not better tho..;-)bottom design, so I would say you made a good guess/choice...

DeepVee
    I'm trying one this weekend. A lot of guys with my hull, Donzi 22 Classic, run this prop over the Mirage+ or Bravo. The Mirage+ on my hull is fast but squirrelly on the top end and worst of all will porpoise like mad on the low end. From what I've heard the Hydro is a good alternative. Maybe a little less stern lift then the Bravo, very stable throughout its range and best of all no porpoise on my boat. I should know how mine performs after this weekend.

FASTERDAMITT
    ...the HYDROMOTIVE's are Steve Stepp's (VELOCITY POWERBOATS) prop of choice for most of his boats...The Superboat is a smiliar (not better tho..;-)bottom design, so I would say you made a good guess/choice...
    U funny! Thanks.

FASTERDAMITT
    I'm trying one this weekend. A lot of guys with my hull, Donzi 22 Classic, run this prop over the Mirage+ or Bravo. The Mirage+ on my hull is fast but squirrelly on the top end and worst of all will porpoise like mad on the low end. From what I've heard the Hydro is a good alternative. Maybe a little less stern lift then the Bravo, very stable throughout its range and best of all no porpoise on my boat. I should know how mine performs after this weekend.
    Let me know what happens...

nhbuoy
    ...I'm glad you found the humor in that...They be a good prop for the SOB/IOboats...