Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A serioous problem in my marriage/life...to a man anyways

guest10
    I can't seem to do anything to encourage my wife to lose weight and live healthier. I am a healthy guy, well within my weight/height range.
    She has gained at least 50lbs in two years. She knows she has a problem, but doesn't seem to worry about it, I am guessing she just WISHES she would lose weight and not have to make a lifestyle change.
    She had a ob/gyn appointment recently and when she asked her doctor, HE said that most people gain weight by eating too much, and eating the wrong foods, if she would just take the fork out her mouth, she would lose most of the weight she needed to.
    I know this is a sensitive subject, but it is getting to the point where it is effecting our sex life. I have heard the comment enough already that I hardly want to have sex anymore. Like it is my fault?
    I try and be nice, because I know the ramifications, but I am at my wit's end.
    :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:
    What can I do?
    Anything?

scarabrick2
    tell her you want a divorce and she'll drop weight really fast. Plus take her out to the bar scene and have her see what single life is all about. If this doesn't help then go make an appointment with a plastic sergeon about lipo suction. This will make her aware that you are wiliing to try.
    Good luck
    Maybe on a serious note a gym membership with a personel trainer

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Maybe join a gym together or something?? Get her some healthy cooking cookbooks? Try and make it a joint effort so she doesn't feel bad about herself.

robsformula
    The 2 of you need to start exercising together, start by taking walks in the evening. Before each meal make sure the 2 of you have at least 12 to 16 oz. of water. If you really care about your wife and your marriage you need to show her your support no matter what it takes. Remember "for better or worse and sickness and health". Be there for her in this difficult time of her life because someday the shoe maybe on the other foot and you may need her. Good luck and dont give up she needs your support.
    Ps. marriage is not just obout the sex thats just the icing on the cake.

dmontzsta
    Leykis warns everyone about this.
    Some women are really worried about their weight and some are non-chalant. I feel for you, but it is really touchy and can break a marriage.

Cruzzze
    When I was 38 I had a heart attack, which runs in the family, but I was about 25 lbs overweight, and my Cholesterol was high, by turning to low fat meals, and it took a while to fiqure it out, I lost the 25lbs in two months without a big exercise program, I was walking and starting to run alittle, but have kept it off just doing low fat, I mean you can get 96% fat free hamburger that is so much better tasting than the high fat ones, steaks that are low fat, fat free cheese, 1% milk, all kinds of fat free snacks, ice cream that is fat free, etc. It really is easy once you start putting your mind to it, now if I eat a greasy burger, I don't like the taste as well....best thing, is get excited about it, that's the key. :rollside:

guest10
    Maybe join a gym together or something?? Get her some healthy cooking cookbooks? Try and make it a joint effort so she doesn't feel bad about herself.
    I tired to get her to sign up on ***boat when the thread started about losing weight.
    I guess I could join a gym. If I lost anymore weight, I wouldn't be able to stay in the boat at speed.
    Tried the healthy cookbooks, tried walking with her, too tired, tried getting her up before work to exercise, she just doesn't want to.
    Two friends of ours have encouraged her to go to the gym with her and she won't go.
    I think she is eating crap food when she is at work. I went by yesterday and she was heating up mac and cheese. She made a sandwich when she was here.
    She won't eat fruit no matter how much I buy. It seems that she would rather just eat saturated fats.

hoolign
    I can't seem to do anything to encourage my wife to lose weight and live healthier. I am a healthy guy, well within my weight/height range.
    She has gained at least 50lbs in two years. She knows she has a problem, but doesn't seem to worry about it, I am guessing she just WISHES she would lose weight and not have to make a lifestyle change.
    She had a ob/gyn appointment recently and when she asked her doctor, HE said that most people gain weight by eating too much, and eating the wrong foods, if she would just take the fork out her mouth, she would lose most of the weight she needed to.
    I know this is a sensitive subject, but it is getting to the point where it is effecting our sex life. I have heard the comment enough already that I hardly want to have sex anymore. Like it is my fault?
    I try and be nice, because I know the ramifications, but I am at my wit's end.
    :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:
    What can I do?
    Anything?
    Eat like a mo/fo..24/7!..show that bitch what fat can really be! and once your 250 lbs more than her...she'll look slim in comparison..hope this helps

guest10
    Leykis warns everyone about this.
    If you only knew then what you know now....
    I love my wife, so the goal is NOT to get rid of her.
    He is right on about alot of things, problem is, his methods are pretty harsh.

RitcheyRch
    Get gym memberships for both of you and work out together. I am a certified trainer and have been training my gf 3-4 days per week. She starting to feel better about herself now that she finally losing some of her weight.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast