Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Parade

SoCal_fun
    WTF??? 51 years no rain and now, of course, since I finally don't have to work this year (because it's on a Monday), I buy a bunch of expensive reserved grandstand seats and F'n RAIN like a mother!! This SUCKS big time!!
    The rest of the family still wants to go though, so we'll be sittin out there in the damm rain for 5 or 6 hours!! :cry:
    Anybody else dumb enough to go even though it's gonna pour??

cc322
    We will have it just as bad in front of a cozy fireplace roof over head unlimited access to beer, toilet and maybe if it lets up a trip in our spa....Yeah its gonna be rough :cry: J/K HAVE FUN

SoCal_fun
    We will have it just as bad in front of a cozy fireplace roof over head unlimited access to beer, toilet and maybe if it lets up a trip in our spa....Yeah its gonna be rough :cry: J/K HAVE FUN
    Thanks for the moral support!! LOL!! :rollside:

Throttle
    do you still need some more support?
    no rain at my place! and a pajama party!

SoCal_fun
    do you still need some more support?
    no rain at my place! and a pajama party!
    Waaahhhh!
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    At least we got some good ponchos, and we'll bring some hot chocolate in a thermos.

Go figure... A rare year when they choose to not have the parade on New Years Day, and NYD is dry and the 2nd rains like a cow pissin on a flat rock. Bet there's a few second thoughts runnin around Pasadena right about now.
    I heard on the news too that no umbrellas are allowed in the grandstands. I'm sure that will make parade watching much more enjoyable.

MBlaster
    Just be glad you didn't have to show up at midnight with your horse. Break out the silver saddle you spent 6 hours cleaning. Saddle up at 6am and ride down a slippery street in the rain.

SoCal_fun
    I was thinking about the poor mid-westerers that spent all year on fundraisers for the highschool band and the parents and kids that spent a bunch of money to participate and they get to march (without rain coats) for 5.5 miles.. Fun fun fun!! :cry:

Mandelon
    I grew up in Pasadena and used to run that parade route all night long. The night before the parade was a fun, fun trip up and down colorado Blvd. I don't ever remember one in which the parade wasn't on New Years Day......there were a couple close calls on rain, but it never did rain on us. some nights were cold as heck though.....
    Its like a 10 mile long block party.....
    Take along a nice sheet of plastic to keep you dry.....

I read up on it a little. It's the 17th time in the 117 year history is hasn't been in NYD. The TOR has an agreement with Pasadena never to have it on a Sunday. The last year it wasn't on the 1st was 1995.
    A quote..
    "The "Never on a Sunday" policy, established in 1893, was agreed upon to avoid frightening horses tethered outside churches on Colorado Boulevard and thus avoid interfering with worship services, tournament officials said."
    That seems like a pretty useful policy lol. I'm surprised our state government didn't create it.
    The only plastic I'll be needing is the plastic housing the remote control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast