Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the IMCO extreme advantage SC hold up?

M&D Cat
    I have been running a Bravo 1 with all of the Teague aftermarket parts and it has broken twice in the last there years. I was thinking of getting the imco extreme advantage SC drive complete with upper and lower unit. This seems like the way to go using the XR gears. I wanted to get the bigger prop shaft with it. The drive is on a 26 Howard cat with a blown 572 (1000HP). I wanted to know what people think of the IMCO extreme advatage SC drive. I also wanted know about X dimensions, shortend drives on the Howard if anyone knows. I have a lower case with nose cone,HD verticle shaft and other parts I want to get rid of.

Craig
    A guy that used to be on this board a lot has one in a 26 DCB with a blown 540 Ford. He told me in Havasu in May he was happy so far with his SC. He's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1100 horsepower if I recall.
    What kind of speed are you seeing with that cat? Are you happy with it?
    Craig

SVO 540
    M&D Cat,
    I run the IMCO SC drive in my DCB Mach 26. My motor makes over 1000 HP. I have had no problems. I run a stand off box, 2 inch shorter lower and use a 1.25 gear ratio.
    I highly recommend this drive.
    I do know that IMCO is close to releasing a new drive. It looks just like the SC only it has four gears in the upper unit instead of three. The drive doesn't shift, it is always in forward. However, the drive is run with a stand off box and there is a tranny in the box. This provides the shifting and allows a high idle motor to be put in gear softly. This new set up will be awesome.
    SVO 540 - OUT

riverliver
    I would also recommend this drive !
    here is a little some thing for SVO 540 !

wink

Mn Howard Cat
    Riverliver thats a nice lower unit wink
    I have a Inco extreme not a SC I pulled the prop off last week when I changed my oil and bumm me out all my prop shaft splines are twisted oops I wonder how that hapend??
    What do you Guys use for water to run your boats in the driveway with a low water pickup in the nose cone? I use a rubber garbage can but you have to squish the crap out of it and take off the prop to get the lower unit in there. Any help??
    [ July 25, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Mn Howard Cat ]

DogHouse
    I just use one of the rubber boots that fits onto the nosecone with a garden hose attached. Works great for running the boat and pissing off the neighbors! Those boots are available at lots of marine shops, or mail order from Eddie Marine, CP Performance, Rex Marine, etc.
    -brian

Mn Howard Cat
    Thanks Doghouse I'LL look harder but I have'nt seen one for a sharp nose cone.

Reaper1
    SVO-540, Is the new SC drive that's coming out the same one that ran 144 on the 25' Daytona?

MIKEHTMSR24
    call or email Steve Northington
    he can hook U up with a water pick up to fit a Imco lower cheap
    334-361-8566
    Blowncat1@aol.com

riverliver
    the new SC drive that's coming out is the same one that ran 144 on the 25' Daytona !
    eek!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast