Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Glass shop peeps or glass cutters on ***boat?

wsuwrhr
    I just got it "stuck deep and broke off in me" on some bitchen billet "wink" mirrors I am making.
    I need some small mirrors cut to fit in the parts I made.
    I went to a local shop here in San Bernardino that said they could do it. Well they couldn't and didn't. The shit is so far off, I think a blind man cut them.
    I have a bunch of money riding on these parts, and I'm now up against it trying to get these done on time.
    Is it possible to cut glass/mirror with a tolerance of a 1/16 of an inch or less and round the corners to a 1/4 radius or so?
    Didn't seem to hard to me, but I am not a glass cutter.
    Brian

Mohave Vice
    Hey Bud! Try this guy. I think he's about the best in the area. Far from you, but I think worth a phone call. They just did some re-mount for me on a 125 Y.O. Mirror. - Loren's Glass and Mirror 5913 Riverside Dr. Chino, Ca. 9/ 627-8367.

wsuwrhr
    Hey Bud! Try this guy. I think he's about the best in the area. Far from you, but I think worth a phone call. They just did some re-mount for me on a 125 Y.O. Mirror. - Loren's Glass and Mirror 5913 Riverside Dr. Chino, Ca. 9/ 627-8367.
    Chino is still in my area, I appreciate it.
    I am just at my wits end.
    Brian

THATJEFFGUY
    Brian, try that shop on 3rd St. just west of Del Rosa. I think it's San Bernardino Glass.

Carbon Dave
    You might try a stained glass shop. I used to work at one and they are used to cutting odd shaped. They should be able to use a wet belt sander to smooth the edges.
    Another thing if you are making several parts is to have them water jet cut and the sanded on a wet belt sander for the edge radius.

wsuwrhr
    You might try a stained glass shop. I used to work at one and they are used to cutting odd shaped. They should be able to use a wet belt sander to smooth the edges.
    Another thing if you are making several parts is to have them water jet cut and the sanded on a wet belt sander for the edge radius.
    No odd shapes, just rectangles cut to fit in the pockets of the wink mirror. I need 150 of them.
    The water jet deal was PMed to me also. That sounds like the way to go.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Anyone know of a glass shop in the area able to water jet cut some mirrors? Phone book wasn't too helpful.
    Brian

Carbon Dave
    When I worked at the galss shop we had an order for 100+ 2" or so circles. After cutting and grinding about 1o of them by hand we looked into the water jet. It took the guy a few pieces to get the pressures correct but then whipped out 100 of them in less than an hour.
    I doubt you will find a glass shop that has the water jet but any decent machine shop with one should be able to do it. The glass is pretty cheap. Then take all your parts to a glass shop and have them smoothed up.
    What kind of finish does the radius have to be like??

superdave013
    I doubt you will find a glass shop that has the water jet but any decent machine shop with one should be able to do it.
    there you go Brian, time to buck up and get a waterjet.

wsuwrhr
    there you go Brian, time to buck up and get a waterjet.
    Damn Dave,
    I can barely afford the VF-3, one job I need a waterjet, and you want me to buy one? You're killin' me.
    You have more floor space than me, buy the machine and I'll bring in the first job.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast