Thread: Any Glass shop peeps or glass cutters on ***boat?

wsuwrhr
    I just got it "stuck deep and broke off in me" on some bitchen billet "wink" mirrors I am making.
    I need some small mirrors cut to fit in the parts I made.
    I went to a local shop here in San Bernardino that said they could do it. Well they couldn't and didn't. The shit is so far off, I think a blind man cut them.
    I have a bunch of money riding on these parts, and I'm now up against it trying to get these done on time.
    Is it possible to cut glass/mirror with a tolerance of a 1/16 of an inch or less and round the corners to a 1/4 radius or so?
    Didn't seem to hard to me, but I am not a glass cutter.
    Brian

tahitijet
    I'll get you the number to the glass guy that does all our windows and windshields on the chop tops we do. If it can be done i'm sure he can do it.

wsuwrhr
    I'll get you the number to the glass guy that does all our windows and windshields on the chop tops we do. If it can be done i'm sure he can do it.
    Thanks, that would be great.
    Brian

Ken F
    Brian,
    You didn't say how far off the ones are that they cut for you, but you can take it off pretty fast with a belt sander.
    Ken F

wsuwrhr
    Brian,
    You didn't say how far off the ones are that they cut for you, but you can take it off pretty fast with a belt sander.
    Ken F
    WAY too small, my instructions of "as tight as possible" netted me an 1/8 gap all the way around.
    Brian