Thread: Lean to rich

Thunderbutt
    I have a Weiand tunnel ram with two 750 dbl/pump Holleys seting sideways. 5,7,6,& 8 cylinders run lean and 1,3,2& 4 run rich. Does anyone know why?

Blown 472
    What side are the primarys over??

Thunderbutt
    The primarys are over 2,4,6&8

Blown 472
    hummmm web page CHeck this out, maybe you are seeing something diff???

Hotcrusader76
    Thunderbutt:
    I have a Weiand tunnel ram with two 750 dbl/pump Holleys seting sideways. 5,7,6,& 8 cylinders run lean and 1,3,2& 4 run rich. Does anyone know why? Carburetors wise:
    Are these two 750DPs two corner or four corner idle versions?
    Sometimes the two corner versions when overly-rich will introduce a temp.embalance on the respective cylinders, switching to a four corner version or having them converted will correct this on mild to wild big-blocks. This is why we convert 99% of our 660s/850 combos to four corner idle when mounted transverse.
    Another idea:
    Look into the air-bleeds on the tops of the carbs for any obstructions.
    This also might be over-kill for your application but consider leaning out the carb corner that corresponds with that cylinder and check for some change, by increasing or decreasing the main jet accordingly by one size. On a Weiand Tunnel such as yours there shouldn't be these types of symtoms as much as you would see on a Holley Pro-Dominator or Victor-2R etc.
    On the carburetor side, give me a call if you need any direction on checking your set-up.
    ~Ty

challengerjet
    Thunderbutt, not to hijack your thread here but i'm having a similar problem with a similar set up and need help to. Weiand T/R, 2 Holley 750's inline. #1 cylinder is lean and the others are all running a little on the fat side. when i bury my foot in the throttle it falls on it's face a little. help??
    cjet