Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much HP can a stock Bravo take ?

26_Daytona
    I'm about a week out from finishing my Raylar 600 and was wondering if I need to upgrade my drive as well. I have a Bravo One X and really don't want to throw any more money at this project until next yeart. The cost of this motor upgrade was WAY more money than I thought it was going to be in the beginning.
    The motor is going in a 26 Eliminator Daytona.
    Thanks for any help.

hot_diggity_dog
    I'm about a week out from finishing my Raylar 600 and was wondering if I need to upgrade my drive as well. I have a Bravo One X and really don't want to throw any more money at this project until next yeart. The cost of this motor upgrade was WAY more money than I thought it was going to be in the beginning.
    The motor is going in a 26 Eliminator Daytona.
    Thanks for any help.
    Stock Bravo 1 over 4 years old with over 600+ HP's nothing done other than services.
    HDD

dicudmore
    hard thing to predict...
    depends a lot of course on your driving habits, roll on, roll off...
    then again, sometimes shiat just breaks. My XR broke at approx 15 hours behind a stock 525 and driven very easy, hell still in break-in

Spectre140
    I had a 800hp blower motor in my HTM with a standard bravo and it was good for almost 2 years. If you ease it plane and and drive sensible with it, it should be no problem.

26_Daytona
    That puts my mind at ease. It's getting to the point of my wife leaving me if I don't quit spending money on this "little project" that I promised her would cost less than 10 grand...cough cough

a catered life
    hard thing to predict...
    depends a lot of course on your driving habits, roll on, roll off...
    then again, sometimes shiat just breaks. My XR broke at approx 15 hours behind a stock 525 and driven very easy, hell still in break-in
    dam the new boat?

91nordic29
    there are a couple of members here (DONNIE & CRAIG, lol) who have more expertise than they would like to have in this arena. you should ask them

Not So Fast
    Why spend money if it ain't broke? When it gives up then have Max Machine do their thing. Like the others here say, roll on plane. NSF

dicudmore
    dam the new boat?
    YUP :cry:

FullUp
    Full throttle starts and flying the boat and drive in and out of the water will cause a lot more wear than accerating normally on plane. But what fun is that? The more HP you put to the drive the faster it will break. So its not really a question of how much HP you have, its a matter of how much you use. A typical 500 HP offshore race boat does a rebuild every 3-5 races. Thats about 350-600 miles of extreme wear. If you want to snap a standard bravo, put 1000HP to it and don't lift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast