Thread: need help takin out jacuzzi wj pump

breezeblocker
    i have decided to remove my pump and drop it off at tom papp racing. i am going to remove my place diverter. what next? do i take the bolts out on the inside of the transom and cut the silicone on the bowl to transom ?

BrendellaJet
    Yank the bolts holding the transom adapter. Than, use some wire to cut through any silicone holding it on. Next I would onbolt the suction housing from the intake adapter and yank the whole pump out the back. NOTE-pull the hand hole cover before pulling the last bolt out of the intake, you can grab the sahft through there when you pull it out the back of the boat.
    Next is the intake. Are you having it machined for a shoe and ride plate? If not, leave it in there, unless it leaks. Then you should pull it out and add a shoe and ride plate before you put it in.

Yank the bolts holding the transom adapter. Than, use some wire to cut through any silicone holding it on. Next I would onbolt the suction housing from the intake adapter and yank the whole pump out the back. NOTE-pull the hand hole cover before pulling the last bolt out of the intake, you can grab the sahft through there when you pull it out the back of the boat.
    Next is the intake. Are you having it machined for a shoe and ride plate? If not, leave it in there, unless it leaks. Then you should pull it out and add a shoe and ride plate before you put it in.
    brilliant , did my berkley the same way sep my intake was leakin and I already had a shoe and ride plate , piece o' cake

breezeblocker
    thnaks, sounds good. intake not leaking. am going to leave it in.

BrendellaJet
    you will want to take a look at the intake then. On my WJ the intake as cast had a nasty lip where the shoe would go. Might be worth having something done to it.