Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTF? Non Res. AZ reg is.............

havasurat27
    $259.00 year now. What the hell happened to the rates from last year? Any pointers on getting it registered as a resident? We own a home in LHC but have always ran into trouble getting resident registration. :220v: :220v:

JB in so cal
    you didn't get the memo?...
    Yep. Got mine last year. Kinda weird, though. My reg. period is usually July. I got a sticker and reg. good until november...Not bitchin' at all.

Havasu Cig
    Don't have any advice for you, but along the same lines people should really look at the tax rates in Lake Havasu City. I just had to write them a check for over 21K for tax on a boat I don't even own anymore. After some checking I found out that the additional tax that the city adds onto the state tax puts them above the tax rate of California. Seems like some of the advantages of buying stuff or having stuff registered there is going away.

Knucklehead
    Also be prepared to go to Kingman or Yuma to get it registered, you cant do it in Havasu. So add some gas money and time to that registration cost.

burtandnancy
    HavCig, I hope you don't really mean 21K. Could you mean $2,100?
    We learned a few years ago, after having over 20 boats registered in AZ that NV was much cheaper and we started moving our boats there. Still better than CA though...

cc322
    $259.00 year now. What the hell happened to the rates from last year? Any pointers on getting it registered as a resident? We own a home in LHC but have always ran into trouble getting resident registration. :220v: :220v:
    Wont be able to unless you can show a AZ DL a simple utility bill will not do. They all follow Cali at some point especially our neighbore states

Boatcop
    Wont be able to unless you can show a AZ DL a simple utility bill will not do. They all follow Cali at some point especially our neighbore states
    Here's the requirement to be considered a "Resident" for the purpose of registering motor vehicles or watercraft at the "Resident" rate:
    A. "Resident", for the purpose of registration and operation of motor vehicles:
    1. Except as provided by paragraph 2, means the following:
    (a) A person who, regardless of domicile, remains in this state for an aggregate period of seven months or more during a calendar year.
    (b) A person who engages in a trade, profession or occupation in this state or who accepts employment in other than either:
    (i) Seasonal agricultural work.
    (ii) Temporary seasonal work for a period of not more than three months if the state in which the temporary seasonal worker is permanently domiciled has a similar exception.
    (c) A person who places children in a public school without payment of nonresident tuition.
    (d) A person who declares that the person is a resident of this state for the purpose of obtaining at resident rates a state license or tuition fees at an educational institution maintained by public monies.
    (e) An individual, partnership, company, firm, corporation or association that maintains a main office, a branch office or warehouse facilities in this state and that bases and operates motor vehicles in this state.
    (f) An individual, partnership, company, firm, corporation or association that operates motor vehicles in intrastate transportation, for other than seasonal agricultural work.

77charger
    259 bucks
    50k plus boat. Am i missing something? just pay the fees its part of boat ownership.It probably less than a tank of gas anyways and i am sure that doesnt stop most from boating

Mandelon
    You are not a legal resident, so you don't qualify for the resident rates.

Rod-64
    Mine went from $12.50 to $30.00!!!! :yuk: :crossx:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast