Thread: Spark plug heat range for Nitrous oxide?

737jetmech
    My current set up and tune on my engine 468 B/B work well . I've installed a 200 - 400 HP NOS (Big Shot plate system) Twin dominators. I have no intention of running any more than the 200 HP jets. My question is ... What heat range and plug gap is a good starting point? Timing will be controlled with a high speed retard box with a 10 degree chip installed.I run a 6AL box locked out MSD pro billet distributor with 38 degrees total and should have 28 degrees when spraying. Fuel pressure is set at 7 psi static with a 4.5 psi safety switch installed.
    thanks
    Bob

TIMINATOR
    The side electrode length is much more important than the heat range. The ground strap can glow red and cause pre-ignition, bad news! Use a non-projected nose plug. Timing retard is oversold for liability reasons, try it the way you are planning, but inch up on the retaed after you are comfortable with the system. 5 deg. retard is probably about right. NOS units are calibrated for 5 lbs flowing, so you will be a bit rich too on the sauce. Tune with smaller fuel jets BEFORE adding timing(less retard). Plug gap is .035/.040 with MSD stuff. It is a good idea to have a dedicated return type regulator for the squeeze,you can fine tune the fuel that way, especially if you get greedy. TIMINATOR