Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the Chrysler guys

wsuwrhr
    You are using Milodon's system if I remember from your pictures. Their setup is way too high, you need to use a lighter spring. I would say 35-40 at idle, and no more than 80 psi unless you are running over 7500RPMs. 100 will blow your filter off soon.
    Brian

Kindsvater Flat
    Ya I'm using the Milodon setup. I added the shims in the relief when I was trying to find the internal leak. Found and fixed the leak with new lifters and removed the shims. Readings were from 2 different mechanical guages. Both read the same. I put the spring from my old pump and the pressure is still the same.

Moneypitt
    KF, wasn't there an issue with the lifter reliefs leaking internally? And you fixed it by using lifters wo/ the relief, are the new lifters closing down the circulation forward through the lifter galleys, and possibly starving the rocker shafts, while the pressure builds up behind the lifters. Mopar pushrods are solid, so you can't tell if the lifters are actually oiling, or gauling in the lifter bores. When the motor ran before this, (before the first cam /lifter change), what was the normal oil pressure? And what was changed to drive it so high even after the shim was removed from the bypass. Just my .02...Moneypitt

Kindsvater Flat
    Moneypitt:
    KF, wasn't there an issue with the lifter reliefs leaking internally? And you fixed it by using lifters wo/ the relief, are the new lifters closing down the circulation forward through the lifter galleys, and possibly starving the rocker shafts, while the pressure builds up behind the lifters. Mopar pushrods are solid, so you can't tell if the lifters are actually oiling, or gauling in the lifter bores. When the motor ran before this, (before the first cam /lifter change), what was the normal oil pressure? And what was changed to drive it so high even after the shim was removed from the bypass. Just my .02...Moneypitt Yes the lifters were leaking and the guy at Isky has seen it numerous times. I bought a set of solids without the reliefs like the previous cam had. I'm getting plenty of oil on top because when I pull the valve covers oil went everywhere. StageVI heads don't return the oil all that well. Some oil sits right at gasket level. Before the cam and lifter change Back in May. Normal pressure was 85psi, has been for the past 4 yrs. They only change after removing the shim was the lifter change. Other than that its normal. I've been tossing this subject around on the Mopar boards and most of there pressures run the same.

MoparSanger
    Kindsvater Flat, I run a duel pickup oil system in my 440 with a custom pan that holds 13qts. At 210º-230ºF the oil is 45psi at 900rpms and then 75psi from 1200rpm on up. I tried a high pressure spring and got over 100psi so I install the stock spring and it working great. one thing that is nice about the mopar BB you can change the spring in about 5 min. I would not run over 80psi.

The parner I used to drag race with had a RB Challenger, and had pressure around 100 at higher RPM. Used to regularly oil down West St. by Disneyland, and OCIR blowing oil filters wide open!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12