Thread: Announcement: 2014 Bass Lake Boat Fest - From CVDCOA's Brian Lynch

Announcement: 2014 Bass Lake Boat Fest - From CVDCOA's Brian Lynch

Hello all! We are back!

Please join us at Bass Lake for the 2014 Bass Lake Boat Fest Show Of Champions in loving memory of the Church Mouse.

Show days are May 16 & 17, Friday & Saturday.

You may arrive on Thursday.

Friday is park em, enjoy each other, swap meet, afternoon Western Style BBQ with music & dancing. Friday evening is the Cackle-Fest with best sounding boat trophy presented in memory of Chris Blevens.

Saturday will be the main show, judging, raffle prizes, High Noon Cackle-Fest and trophies awarded for all classes.

We will have the show participant registration application available soon on the Classic V-Drive Club Of America website and in newsletters.

We are asking all participants to pre-register this year. Please mail in your application by April 1st. If needed, registration will be also be available at the show however.

If you need lodging, the "boat show rate" is $149 a night for chalets. Suites are available at an additional cost.

As always, we are looking for show sponsors. If you would like to help out, please call BL.

Further information will be on our website as it becomes available (http://www.v-driveboats.com) or you can contact me if you have questions (Phone listed on the website).

LETS DO IT AGAIN!! BL

Im looking forward to it. This will be my first one and Im bringing the 1967 Belmont flat my Dad built new. Cant wait.

Bringing this back to the top - time to make your plans, pre-registrer for the show so they will have a good head count for t-shirts and the bbq and book your rooms while they are still available

This will be my first opportunity to participate so I am excited about it
    I happened across this show years ago by accident and was really impressed - great turnout and lots to see
    This time I get to put Dad's Belmont out there
    I hope to get Dad to come up and hang out to meet folks and talk about his boat and memories
    I hope that everyone who can, will participate

I dont know all the politics or issues that came into play before but I know the show was not held at the lake last year
    I heard that these facilities requested this show to return this year
    I would love to see it continue (and grow)
    I understand costs are always going up but I think a good turnout will help ensure that the show survives and even thrives in the future

Hell, if we dont get some rain around here, this may be the only boating related thing in our area this year
    I believe that one of the reasons this show date was moved up to May from the June dates in previous years was a hope that there will still be some water there to play with before it gets sent down the hill

I hear that there will also be some old classic wood boats having a function up there the same weekend
    It would be really bitchin if we could turn this into a Central Cal Sturgis type event for boat enthusiasts

As Ive stated, Im new to this and dont know any history, but since the end of June when I got started, Ive been trying to find everything I can regarding boat related fun
    I even drove all the way down to Billy-B's bitchin show in Needles and had a great time
    While there, I heard that there is another gathering (a single day?) in June at Bass Lake - a Memorial to Chris Blevins at Miller's Landing
    Any chance that event could be combined with this one to make it bigger and better for everyone?
    We could have the whole lake - The Pines and Millers - more to do, more to see for spectators?
    I didnt have the fortune to meet Chris but I met his folks and lots of his friends and got the impression that he was actually a big part of setting up this Bass Lake show for many years
    Any reason why we cant make the whole deal combined a memorial to him with this much advance notice?
    Just a thought
    cya
    JT
    Last edited by JusTrouble; 03-26-2014 at 06:50 PM.

I spoke with BL the other day and he said that the wood boat guys (Edit: The Antique and Classic Boat Society) that will be there at the same time reached out to him. They are excited to have both events gathering at the same time and asked if there was anything they could do. They are inviting the local Fresno news channels and newspaper to come up to check out the shows. Pretty cool.

It is getting closer. Just over 3 weeks to go. Still room to add boats to the show. Lets get everybody up there, have a good time and keep this event alive!
    Cya

Went up to Bass today to help start setting up. Already many boats there and lots more on the road going up. Tomorrow should be pretty busy. Still time to join in if you are on the fence. If nothing else, come up to spectate and visit and enjoy the weather up there - Saturday should be sunny and 79 - Perfect.
    cya
    JT