Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still No Spark!!!!

QuickCheetah
    Just got the new Mallory Ignition module..put it in and still not firing...im ready to take a hammer to the damn thing...but i know that will cost me more money....i have replaced all the ignition parts...new coil, cap, rotor, and now this $91 find dollar module.....there has got to be a better way of doing this!!!!

Just got the new Mallory Ignition module..put it in and still not firing...im ready to take a hammer to the damn thing...but i know that will cost me more money....i have replaced all the ignition parts...new coil, cap, rotor, and now this $91 find dollar module.....there has got to be a better way of doing this!!!!
    it sounds to me that ur not getting juice to the distributer...maybe u need to re-ck all the wireing etc from start to finish...this is why i run a mag!...never have had a starting or any other kind of prob
    fastrat

Beer-30
    I am coming into this late, so this may have been checked already; but did you disconnect the power-in to the coil and test it during he start cycle? Maybe your ign switch is not providing 12V during start. Or, is it hooked to the starter solenoid?

Sanger Jet
    Msd !!!

JESSE
    man i had one of those mallory comp 9000 that thig blow that module all the
    time. i was told that if you get less then 12 volts to that thing it will blow every time. good luck

1975sleekcraft
    i've heard--bad things--bad things-- about mallory--from people who sell them.
    i guess they are putting plastic bushings in them and other faulty stuff (i'd have to look back into it)!!!

BrendellaJet
    if you sell millions of ignition units there are going to be a few problems. For Mallory & MSD both! Check the wiring and even replace it to eliminate it as a concern.

I think now would be a great time to go through as much if not all the wiring as you do not want to run into this problem while on the water . It might get fired up quiker too .
    -beerjet-

poncho-pwr
    I would first make sure your ignition switch is providing 12 volts and hooked up properly.

QuickCheetah
    I just said F*ck it, im picking up the new motor MOnday and its got and HEI already dialed in..all i have to do is install it and its done...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast