Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Delta Is Closed

bilgewiper
    Pussywupped...sent you a PM

bilgewiper
    Don't think PM's are working....at least it does not show I sent you anything. Let me know.

stoker2001
    We have a 18' Laveycraft bowrider w/200 Merc.......Not really a "***boat" but it will run 66mph on GPS fully aired out and chinewalking like a mother.I almost fell out of my seat when i read this I used to have a merc 200hp 18' Sidewinder v-bottom that built alot of character, if you could keep it from bucking you out it would go 80 :crossx:then i went to a tunnel and never looked back.Bilge,i want to say i have met you on river before??

bilgewiper
    Stoker2001.........I may have seen you on the river before. There isn't too many air packing outboards out there but I know I've seen a few. I do remember seeing a mean 18' Sidewinder (or spash) prowling the river and Lake Clementine alot, but that was back in the mid 1980's-early 90's maybe. It had a jackplate (which I had never seen before) and relieved exhaust. that boat was green or blue with a Merc............any chance that was you?

stoker2001
    Stoker2001.........I may have seen you on the river before. There isn't too many air packing outboards out there but I know I've seen a few. I do remember seeing a mean 18' Sidewinder (or spash) prowling the river and Lake Clementine alot, but that was back in the mid 1980's-early 90's maybe. It had a jackplate (which I had never seen before) and relieved exhaust. that boat was green or blue with a Merc............any chance that was you?I knew it was to small of a world to mention the green machine....LOL.Oh the memories of Clementine,we owned that place back in the mid eighties :rollside:

bilgewiper
    Stoker2001............My family always kept a boat in the marina at lake Clementine starting in 1971. When I got married in '81 the wife and I kept this 15'10" Sidewinder at Clementine till about '85 then switched to a Wreidt Jet. I was more sure your boat was green than blue......so it had to be you. These pictures were taken probably in '83-84 at Clementine. The picture of the boat turning is where there is now the big camping sandbar........which didn't exist back then.
    Ok, I guess we kinda hyjacked this Delta thread.......Sorry!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...55_Berk_JA.jpg

bilgewiper
    Ok since this is now the Clementine thread. Stoker2001, maybe you will remember this Wreidt if not the Sidewinder. This was taken around '85-'87 on the "new" Sandbar. We usually had two dogs and one was a huge Mastiff. Sorry if they crapped in your campsite...........LOL! They don't even allow dogs there anymore. No inflatable tow toys and a 40mph speed limit.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ck_455_002.jpg

stoker2001
    I remember seeing the Wreidt,man we are getting old Do you remember Casey Scalise?He was the baddest barefooter around and would show up at 5:00 AM to train and be gone by 7:00AM.He inspired me alot,and we would foot thru the no ski zone right in front of the boat only access island/sandbar.Those were the days when it wasnt regulated and you could get away with quite a bit.We must have crossed paths somewhere?

acatitude
    You going to the LA show
    Yes we go every year. not sure which weekend yet. You headed down?
    Im going to vegas one weekend around there and maybe lake of the ozarks so still trying to get it all worked out.

bilgewiper
    I remember seeing the Wreidt,man we are getting old Do you remember Casey Scalise?He was the baddest barefooter around and would show up at 5:00 AM to train and be gone by 7:00AM.He inspired me alot,and we would foot thru the no ski zone right in front of the boat only access island/sandbar.Those were the days when it wasnt regulated and you could get away with quite a bit.We must have crossed paths somewhere?
    Name is not familiar but, I am bad with names. I am sure we crossed each others "wakes" back in the day for sure. Yea, we also used to ski all the way up to the upper sandbars all the time too. Even remember skiing all the way up to the gravel bar that you can drive down to at upper Clementine both with a v-drive and my dads old I/O. But that was back in the 70's when the lake was much deeper but we could still see the bottom..luckily it was all sandy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast