Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow Skiers chime in...

gqchris
    You'd probably piss yourself where I want to go.
    Amen brotha!
    Why is it that when peeps ask to go to the mountains these days, and I tell them I ski, its like they seen a ghost! I dont understand why skiing became so "out of style". I personally like "not falling" when I take a run. It seems like all my friends that are new to snowboarding, which is most everyone, fall the whole trip! Just doesnt look like fun for me or my ankles. Just my .02

rrrr
    Rex Some of us still prefer to ski on old style 205's the new skis seem like kid skis
    Yep, sometimes I strap on some 205's or 207's just to cruise.....

Skiing is "totaly awesome dude"! :crossx:
    yeah! backscratchers-n-helicopters bro! wooo-hooo!
    Baldy's goin' off!

canuck1
    Yep, sometimes I strap on some 205's or 207's just to cruise.....
    Cruise???? Na all mountain

Havasu1986
    Amen brotha!
    Why is it that when peeps ask to go to the mountains these days, and I tell them I ski, its like they seen a ghost! I dont understand why skiing became so "out of style". I personally like "not falling" when I take a run. It seems like all my friends that are new to snowboarding, which is most everyone, fall the whole trip! Just doesnt look like fun for me or my ankles. Just my .02
    I'm with you . I can go on a 3 day trip without ever falling on the intermediate trails @ Mammoth. If I wanted to spend 1/2 my day on the snow I would stay at the lodge and drink all day. Come to think of that I do that anyway. Never mind.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Rex Some of us still prefer to ski on old style 205's the new skis seem like kid skis
    Thats what I thought too. Rented a set of new parabolic or whatever skis last year. Been on a board for last 10 years and will be skiing instead for a while. The new skis kick ass. Made me look like I never quit.

canuck1
    Thats what I thought too. Rented a set of new parabolic or whatever skis last year. Been on a board for last 10 years and will be skiing instead for a while. The new skis kick ass. Made me look like I never quit.
    I bought a set of Salomon 180's and two days later a set of shaped 200's and still end up going back to the old shit

rrrr
    I bought a set of Salomon 180's and two days later a set of shaped 200's and still end up going back to the old shit
    Well, my idea of cruising is doing the whole mountain..... Not very hard to ski the steep stuff when you are wearing skiis for tykes.
    Never been to Canada, sure would like to do some heli skiing.

steelcomp
    Not very hard to ski the steep stuff when you are wearing skiis for tykes.
    Skis for tykes...that's cute. I don't want skiing to be hard, I want it to be fun. Ski technology is just like everything else. Watch the races...what wins on Sunday, sells on Monday! Even the downhill racers are skiing on short(er) skis.
    Never been to Canada, sure would like to do some heli skiing.Now you're talkin! Fock all that waiting in line for a 15 min. run. :yuk:

steelcomp
    So I guess I might as well not take my 10 year old pre shaped era Kastles out of the garage any more. Hell, my 4 yr. old Volants are outdated. :cry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast