Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub info

FASTERDAMITT
    Bazooka makes a marine grade tube sub 10" that handles 200watt rms. Will that sound as good as a boxed 10" sub of equivilant power supplied?

Beer-30
    We are going to use the nose of the boat on mine. There is about 6 cubes, leaving 8" of air space between the face of the woofers and the back of the bow seat. Going to seal off the nose with about 2 cubes per Orion H2-15. Divider plate between the two.
    You would be amazed at how much room there is in the nose.

FASTERDAMITT
    I don't want to add any weight to the front of the boat. I'm more concerned about performance and drivability than the ultimate stereo. Trying to keep everything from the drivers seat aft. Thanks.

Beer-30
    I don't want to add any weight to the front of the boat. I'm more concerned about performance and drivability than the ultimate stereo. Trying to keep everything from the drivers seat aft. Thanks.
    Then throw in a pair of 6x9s for when you are stopped, and call it good.

phebus
    I don't want to add any weight to the front of the boat. I'm more concerned about performance and drivability than the ultimate stereo. Trying to keep everything from the drivers seat aft. Thanks.\
    Sounds like an iPod with some killer headphones would be the hot ticket then. :rollside:

FASTERDAMITT
    It's funny. The east coast guys all bag on me for putting amps and subs in the boat because of the weight. The west coaster's want more the better. :rollside: Can I compromise here?
    Why pay $$$ for labbed props, perf goodies ect. and kill the performance gain by loading up the bow with 250 pounds. Maybe Phebus is right. Wireless killer headphones through my on board communication system!

Beer-30
    There is just different types of boaters. You have a wonderful boat and it does everything you want it to do. You want your boat as light as possible and run it with almost empty tanks for the extra mph. I am not bagging on you, I really do like your boat.
    Me, on the other hand, I like to run full tanks more often than not. I have no less than 3 ice chests onboard at all times. Though sometimes it is just the wife and I, we usually have 4 to 8 other peeps on board. I can touch 63, 64 with slightly less than a full load, and that is wonderful with me. I have no problem adding 200-300 lbs of stereo gear and batteries. I like that the heavy enclosure and subs will end up in the far point of the nose. It leaves plenty of storage for more stuff and will help level the boat out when all the crew comes to the back in 4' rollers. I don't have tabs yet, so it rides a little nose-high in that configuration.
    Bottom line is, speed is more important to you than music. No harm, no foul.
    Music is more important to me than speed. I love having excellent quality music at all points of my trip. I have no quams about losing a few mph for that quality.
    I am sure you can find some stuff to put in your boat that won't hurt your performance.

FASTERDAMITT
    Can we beach next to you when we party! :rollside:

Beer-30
    I'll have a cold one ready for ya!

Run_em_Hard
    Are there sub's (free air?)that you mount in the bulkhead of the boat without a box? If so are they any good?
    I do believe that some of fosgate's higher end subs need less than 1 cubic ft of air-space to sound killer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast