Thread: Mr. Jrocket ......

superdave013
    I've got a good anodizer who can do your special colors with out messing the fittings up.
    The sample is on the far left. I'd say they color matched it pretty dang well.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...le_anodize.JPG

Taylorman
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Jrocket
    Dave,
    Excellent timing.Motor is doen and ready for the finla plumbing to be done.Right now Im trying to decide which color of fittings Im going to use.At first it was going to be dark purplish/blue fittings with regular stainless hose.The I decided on black fittings with stainless hose,but after looking at these fittings Im starting to rethink the purple.The exhaust housings are powder coated a dark purple now,I dont want to over do it with the "prince" purple though.I'll have to do some visual thinking.
    I'm looking for pics of engine compartments to get some ideas.

superdave013
    well if you are on any type of budget I'd say go with an off the shelf fitting. Black is getting to be off the shelf for the most part.
    These came out really nice. But they were stripped, polished and re-anodized. That makes them pretty spendy.

Jrocket
    well if you are on any type of budget I'd say go with an off the shelf fitting. Black is getting to be off the shelf for the most part.
    These came out really nice. But they were stripped, polished and re-anodized. That makes them pretty spendy.
    We all have budgets,I am fortunate that my budget is what ever I want on this project,BUT that doesnt mean I am going to go too crazy....It comes down to finding the right color combo really...that Im not good with.