Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Stud Girdle Install Help

PC Rat
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to get these Jomar stud girdles on my heads. The engine is a Big Block Chevy, and the heads are CFE (Canfield castings), the girdles are part number 1113 http://jomarperformance.com/catalog/...cPath=21_22_26
    Anybody have a trick to getting these things on? I've tried with only the intake adjustment nuts on, then install the girdle, and I can't get the exhaust adjustment nuts on. So, I tried the other way - exhaust on, install girdle, and I can't get the intakes on.
    Brian

GofastRacer
    That'll never work, you need to adjust all the valves then put the girdle on!..

MikeF
    I do not think that they will fit. Aren't the Canfields 24.5 deg and BBC's 23 deg?!

GofastRacer
    I do not think that they will fit. Aren't the Canfields 24.5 deg and BBC's 23 deg?!
    Depends on which ones he has?????..

texas-19
    I've got dart heads and the stock girdles won't fit right on them.Like Mike said.All you gotta do is SPEND MORE MONEY. :cry:

PC Rat
    That'll never work, you need to adjust all the valves then put the girdle on!..
    I had all the valves adjusted and tried to put the girdle on - it was not even close, that's why I tried taking some of the nuts off and installing it.
    This is the girdle that CFE sent me along with the heads. I took another look at the CFE website and it says they require a Canfield or BMF girdle.
    Brian

GofastRacer
    I had all the valves adjusted and tried to put the girdle on - it was not even close, that's why I tried taking some of the nuts off and installing it.
    This is the girdle that CFE sent me along with the heads. I took another look at the CFE website and it says they require a Canfield or BMF girdle.
    Brian
    Problem solved, looks like they just sent you the wrong ones!..

steelcomp
    Canfields are 24* heads, and will definately require a different girdle.
    Here's a little story about Canfield girdles. Whrn I bought my heads from Competition Products, I also bought a stud girdle. When it arrived, I looked at it closely, and it appeared to be some generic 5 bar, sort of "one size fits all" girdle. I figured that as I got closer to putting the motor together, I's look into getting a nice one piece for it, seeing as how the one I got from Comp Products wasn't very expensive. Well, I wasn't able to get anyone to committ to saying they had one specifically for the Canfields, so I called Canfield, and asked them to send me the one they make for their heads. Fockers sent me the exact same one that Comp Products sent me. When I was installing it, I noticed that the adjuster nuts weren't on exactly the same angle as the flats in the girgles, so I had to get out the cartridge roll and do a little in-house modification. Needles to say this kinda pissed me off.
    So...bottom line is, I'm not sure there is a girdle out there made for the Canfield heads. If someone finds one, let me know. In the mean time, I'm running the one I have.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...der_girdle.jpg

GofastRacer
    Might check into these, I sure like mine!..
    Websters! (http://webster-industries.com/Stud_Girdles.html)

I am running the Websters, very nice peice. The lash does not change after installed. I know Sangster ran Canfeilds on his 427, pretty sure he also ran the websters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast