Thread: drive shower

teamaquaholicks
    any one have step by step help on putting on a drive shower. picts or do's and don'ts. it's a full top flexibal hose drive shower.
    thanks
    chuck

GHOSTRYDER71
    Go to Eddie Marine to there tech page.diagram is there.But they are really easy to install.I just put two sets on this weekend. Remove 4 bolts out of outdrive.Put cap over existing holes,istall longer bolts.don't forget the washers.Screw hose into the top plate,Drill your two holes,one for hose one for hold downbolt.Takes about ten minutes.

teamaquaholicks
    thanks i'm going to go for it today.
    just hate drilling
    thanks again
    chuck

Tahiti350
    Does anyone know if there is a drive shower that fits an older OMC 800, or is universal/modifyable to fit?

curtis73
    As long as we're hacking a thread ...... Is there any reason why I couldn't build my own drive shower?
    I really want a plate-mounted electric trolling motor but the showers I've seen won't fit with any of the trolling motors I've seen.
    Isn't it pretty straight forward? Couldn't I design a shower to fit?

rrrr
    As long as we're hacking a thread ...... Is there any reason why I couldn't build my own drive shower?
    I really want a plate-mounted electric trolling motor but the showers I've seen won't fit with any of the trolling motors I've seen.
    Up late drinking again, huh?

Ryan00TJ
    I don't see why not. As long as you have the materials it's a very basic concept.

Racey
    It's about as straight forward as it gets, just figure out any number of ways to spray cool water on the upper gear housing. they are about the simplest concept going, seen many many variations on them.

ghittner
    Don't be afraid to drill the hole. All will be OK, just try it, what no one has told you is that it can be mounted all over the place.as long as it picks up water..... and all will if below the bottom plate. If it hits the top of the drive anywhere it's cool. Relax, build your own..... 20.00 on tubing and a little welding experience and you're set!.....