Thread: Wanted : Dual NOS SYSTEM

Liberator TJ1984
    Anyone out there got a System for Dual Dominators
    plate style for sale ?? and how well does it work on a blown application..any tricks or bad stuff to lookout for

UBFJ #454
    Blowers and n2o are damn tricky and one should darn well know what they are doing before going there!
    The most knowledgable people on the subject that I've come across are @ Wilson Manifolds (ProFlow Nitrous) in Florida. You can go to their website @ www.wilsonmanifolds.com to get some initial info. After that you might call and talk w/ Steve who knows his stuff (an "old" NHRA type who is in charge of running their nitrous car) or Brandon who builds their manifolds: Keith Wilson is almost impossible to get ahold of (Note though, he personally checks every major part they build himself ... he is a perfectionist).
    Tell whomever you speek with that someone from the Black Bear Team put you onto them and it might help?
    Jak
    P.S. Nitrous is tricky with aspirated engines ...with blowers, know what your doing. That having been said, I would not use anyone's second hand nitrous parts (unless they have been checked and recert.'d by the manufacturer) as it could cost you your engine.

Liberator TJ1984
    Thanks Jak, I figured it was too easy too be true..had someone tell me all I had to do was call for the HP Level jets I wanted ...then just put it on ...like I said ..sounded way too easy but I'm just kickin' around..
    Gopherrrr

UBFJ #454
    The fuel mixture is critical when running n2o ... too lean and say goodbye to your engine. With aspirated engines this is definately the case ..... with blower engines it's even more critical. Think of the consequences of running a blower engine too lean ... then think about compounding the situation by adding n2o.
    I am not saying it can't, or shouldn't, be done ... in fact, we may well go that route in the future (realize though, we are using the n2o in a race environment, not recreational). What I am saying is, using n2o with a blower should be approached seriously, not casually: Fuel regulation, right plugs, amount used, blower boost, etc. should all be well thought out. To do otherwise could be extremely expensive.
    Note that on our current aspirated nitrous engine we have the ability of putting a 1,600 shot to it, on top of the 1,275+ HP we are making on C-16.