Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jacuzzi-yj to berkeley

1975sleekcraft
    I am looking for old threads on intake installation!!
    I tried "search" spent about an hour-did'nt see much!!
    If anyone knows of a thread or has personal experiance in doing an intake exchange (different size holes ) please point me in the right direction--THANX--

I think your going to need to glass in the intake area, and then cut it out for the Berkeley intake. Try finding a tread on set-back pumps, the process is very much the same, except you are making the hole narrower. You might find some one on the boards near you that may be of help to you also. good luck
    Sleek

blown428fe
    Im going to be doing the same thing, pulled the Jacuzzi intake out today. Did you get a new intake yet?

Glencoe MiniDay
    Glassing in A new intake as well

nielly
    I hope some of the experts can chime in, because I am looking at doing the same thing. I have a YJ and want to change it and set the pump back.
    Anybody;
    Bueller
    Bueller

I hope some of the experts can chime in, because I am looking at doing the same thing. I have a YJ and want to change it and set the pump back.
    Anybody;
    Bueller
    Bueller
    Bang on HammerDowns door, he did a setback a couple years back. I now he posted pictures on Banderlog, that was well before the server crashed so they are lost, on that site, but he may still have the info you seek.
    Sleek

nitro557
    ive measured for this on moparjets boat,dont do this one at home unless you are compitent with glass work,hammer did a berk set back but used a inset plate to fill the void

BrendellaJet
    Ive done a setback, but like mentioned above, if you are not competent with glass, you might want to consider having the glassing done by a pro.
    I dont know the measurements of the YJ intake. If it is smaller than the pump you are replacing it with then it will be easy, othrewise you want to pull the intake out, glass the hole up, and cut a new hole out of that. When you are ready to set the intake lemme know and Ill let you know some pointers I learned from installing mine.

Glencoe MiniDay
    The Hole for the YJ is smaller than the Dominator in length but wider Across floor

1975sleekcraft
    same deal as glencoe need to cut length and fill in width---------
    now when you say "glass up the hole" you mean the whole hole??????? or what??????????
    can i just glass as needed----pros ------ cons------??
    oh ya my dad is a tv repair man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast