Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bartlett Lake

NautiII
    Since we am new to the Az. boating scene, I heard Bartlett lake was a pretty cool place to go. usually go to Saguaro, and Canyon. any opinions on Bartlett? decent ramps, beaches, etc.. thanks for your input!!
    we have an 18' Kona jet.

Jordy
    Bartlett is a fun lake if you're not looking for a big party scene like the beach at Saguaro. The water is dropping so there are all kinds of beaches and coves popping up. Fun place to spend some quiet time with the wife/girlfriend.
    The ramps aren't bad. I prefer the north launch ramp to the main one at the marina, although with the water where it is right now, the marina shouldn't be that bad. The worst part of the lake is getting there. It's a long winding road once you turn off of Cave Creek, and it's all down hill. Not a big deal with a smaller light boat, but the bigger boats can have some hot brake issues if you're not careful.

NautiII
    Bartlett is a fun lake if you're not looking for a big party scene like the beach at Saguaro. The water is dropping so there are all kinds of beaches and coves popping up. Fun place to spend some quiet time with the wife/girlfriend.
    The ramps aren't bad. I prefer the north launch ramp to the main one at the marina, although with the water where it is right now, the marina shouldn't be that bad. The worst part of the lake is getting there. It's a long winding road once you turn off of Cave Creek, and it's all down hill. Not a big deal with a smaller light boat, but the bigger boats can have some hot brake issues if you're not careful.
    Thanks Jordy. we thought about going there tomorrow. but maybe we will just go to Saguaro! would prefer the party scene! dont need the hot brakes either. got a big bronco that the brakes heat up on big time going to Canyon!!

Jordy
    Wow, if you're getting hot brakes going to Canyon, Bartlett might not be for you then. I like Saguaro, but it's a pain in the ass with a big boat. I head out there from time to time but tend to hang at Pleasant. I love the 10 lane boat ramp there and it's hard to go anywhere else. I do miss the beach though.

NautiII
    Wow, if you're getting hot brakes going to Canyon, Bartlett might not be for you then. I like Saguaro, but it's a pain in the ass with a big boat. I head out there from time to time but tend to hang at Pleasant. I love the 10 lane boat ramp there and it's hard to go anywhere else. I do miss the beach though.
    wow, I am getting different opinions from everyone I talk too. some say that going to Bartlett isnt near as bad as Canyon and Saguaro. Looks like it will be bartlett tomorrow, and then Saguaro on Memorial Day (monday).

cave
    NautiII with your 18 you should be fine. My brakes do heat up a bit but I usually haul ass down that road.
    If the water is down enough there will be some beaches to kick it I like going to the end of the road. Not to sure what its called. I think is SB cove. Cool spots to camp and boat. I'm trying to get my calico Kachina out there for Memorial day. At least one of the days.
    I go to Saguaro a lot. Its so close and I'm used to getting up at 5am to go to work. No problem getting on Saguaro for me. Hope to see you there along with 396wts & Ty and the rest of the eastsiders.

2Driver
    Have a feeling Bartlett will not survive this summer. Upper lake is murcky and the water is going down fast. Horseshoe lake ( above is empty and is passing through pretty muddy water. At first it's not bad but as it gets lower the beach can be mud vs decomposed granite.
    More beach means lots of people now able to drive their cars on the beach for camping and lauching from the west shores - ie lake lice, and border crossers. We live near the Bartlett Dam turn off and frequent the lake when it is "up". No party scene unless you like 125 different kinds of music coming from the cars on the beaches.

NautiII
    NautiII with your 18 you should be fine. My brakes do heat up a bit but I usually haul ass down that road.
    If the water is down enough there will be some beaches to kick it I like going to the end of the road. Not to sure what its called. I think is SB cove. Cool spots to camp and boat. I'm trying to get my calico Kachina out there for Memorial day. At least one of the days.
    I go to Saguaro a lot. Its so close and I'm used to getting up at 5am to go to work. No problem getting on Saguaro for me. Hope to see you there along with 396wts & Ty and the rest of the eastsiders.
    just let me know when ya'll go. only weekend day we can go is sundays. we will be looking for a hot spot on memorial day!!!! let us know where ya'll go!! we will be out on monday! be at Bartlett tomorrow. will let you know how it went.

GRUNION
    The hot spot in AZ besides Havasu Is Humbug cove at Pleasant.

Jordy
    wow, I am getting different opinions from everyone I talk too..
    Different opinions on what??? There is no debating the 10+ miles of full on steep down hill, or the fact that there isn't a single party place like Pleasant with Humbug, or Saguaro with the beach. You asked for details on what goes on and now you're debating what you're getting... Have fun.
    Make sure to watch out for the wake board boats and the idiots on Sea Doos. You asked for ideas but apparently you already know it all. Good luck with all that. :notam:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast