Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem With No Power

76sleek
    I have a 76 sleekcraft with a 454 mercuriser and a berkley jet. When in gear at low rpms the boat is fine but if i throttle up I get very little jet propulsion and the boat shakes badly. The motor runs fine. please help.

Squirtin Thunder
    I have a 76 sleekcraft with a 454 mercuriser and a berkley jet. When in gear at low rpms the boat is fine but if i throttle up I get very little jet propulsion and the boat shakes badly. The motor runs fine. please help.
    Something in or near the impeller. It could be a damaged impeller.

IMPATIENT 1
    THIS IS WHAT IT FELLS LIKE WHEN YA SUCK UP A ROCK!

76sleek
    Thanks for the help, I have checked the impeller and it looks fine and no rocks, I was in deep water at a high rpm when the problem started. any ideas?

A tiny bark chip, something like mulch will cause that too. you should take a look in the clean out, with the engine "OFF" and form under neath the boat up thru the intake. It's should not be too hard to find, your problem. If you don't find any thing, it may have came out when you pull your boat on the trailer.
    Sleek

Squirtin Thunder
    Rocks and shit in the bowl.

Sleek it's possible that something passed through the impeller and is now between the impeller and the bowl vanes. Earlier this year someone had a rock get most of the way through the impeller(you cant see that far by looking in the front). Had symptoms like yours and ultimately found after removing the bowl. It is also possible that you had suck something up against the intake grate that has since fallen off. It takes as little as an empty ice bag on the impeller shaft(happened to me this summer) or blocking the grate to disrupt the water flow enough to cause what you experienced.

76sleek
    I hate to sound stupid but i just bought this boat and it is my first jet. Used to props ya know. What is the clean out?

76sleek
    Wow lots of new stuff for me to learn. Again I am stupid. What is the bowl vane? Looks like a long road ahead in learning a new system.

Squirtin Thunder
    It is all fun stuff !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast