Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noise cops on the river???

kingLHC
    We got pulled over yesterday while returning to Havasu from the Sandbar. Turns out, they have a boat up river measuring sound and radioing to the officers down stream a discription of your boat. No ticket because we have mufflers and were right on 86db, the limit.
    Now, I'm a little pissed. According to our local paper, this is because someone said the noise disturbs the wildlife in the refuge. Come on. People were running dry stack headers 40 years ago. I think the refuge has evolved with the noise. I would love to see a study. I'm thinking there's more to it.

wanna B V
    So is the noise level for engine noise only or does that mean any noise like really loud stereos??

kingLHC
    So is the noise level for engine noise only or does that mean any noise like really loud stereos??
    Engine noise.

Outnumbered
    No, the animals actually like the music:
    http://www.zewebanim.com/images/mada...ks-lemur1g.jpg

Backseat Driver
    I would like to see the study Fish & Game is refering to. Does anyone know about it? What about a study on Human Habitat? We need to have beer, boats and fun!

Not So Fast
    What agency ?????????:idea: NSF

Moneypitt
    I think the refuge has evolved with the noise. I would love to see a study. I'm thinking there's more to it.
    You bet there is more to it....It's called the Almighty BUCK, its all about money. Either boosting revenue, and/or allowing the water cops to justify their budget. Sure, there are issues that need addressing by LE, but this noise crap isn't one of them. We, (***boaters) sat back and allowed this to happen, always figuring "someone else" would surely fight back, but alas, no one did........Study? You want a study. I think the study has been done. The results were that the people now living on the river don't like the noise, and they are also the local VOTERS, so guess whos wheels will get the grease........Its all about $$$$$$$$$$$..................MP

mjc
    don't forget all the big money at the refugee and the new golf course there. They are the closest to that water now and nobody lived there before.

MudPumper
    We got pulled over yesterday while returning to Havasu from the Sandbar. Turns out, they have a boat up river measuring sound and radioing to the officers down stream a discription of your boat. No ticket because we have mufflers and were right on 86db, the limit.
    Now, I'm a little pissed. According to our local paper, this is because someone said the noise disturbs the wildlife in the refuge. Come on. People were running dry stack headers 40 years ago. I think the refuge has evolved with the noise. I would love to see a study. I'm thinking there's more to it.
    I'm kinda wondering why they even stopped you if you were not over the limit. Seems kinda bull shit to me.

OCMerrill
    Us Glamis and Pismo Beach users went through a ton of this crap in the past years.
    It seam’s made up using the wild life "card" to lay down any new or not previously enforced law. Biggest possibly being revenue but what could also be in play is threatened lawsuits by rogue organizations like the Sierra Club and others. They are NOT YOUR FRIEND.
    The Fish and Wildlife service got legally bent over by "Them" in the recent past. I hope this is not a sign of things to come on this stretch of the river already legislated to just pass through use.
    In Glamis it was a plant, then a lizard, now...it will always be something. In Oceano you can't even fly a kite in fear of scaring the Snowy Plover let alone about only 1/3rd of the beach remains open.
    It's going to get worse I fear...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast