Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with the Angels.

Beer Factor
    They have been terrible lately.

Beer Factor
    Near the bottom in MLB in nearly every offensive category. Letting Glaus go last season was a huge mistake. The Angels are a very old offensive team. Tim Salmon, Garrett Anderson, Darrin Erstad are all at the end of their careers. Even Vlad, the baby of the group, is 30 years old with 10 seasons of ML experience.
    They're getting crushed again by the Dodgers 5-0 in the first. That's 29 -7 in runs so far in 2 plus games.

Playbuoy
    they needed to pick up some offense in the offseason, but refused to. they continue to rely on their farm system. I say, use the lower eschelon MLB teams as your farm system, and pick up the good players when you can. We should have picked up Manny. Pisses me off.
    They'll get their sheit together tho and make a run for the pennant.

jojoteez
    I don't know what is going on with the Angels. My man is having a fit!

bignet
    Near the bottom in MLB in nearly every offensive category. Letting Glaus go last season was a huge mistake. The Angels are a very old offensive team. Tim Salmon, Garrett Anderson, Darrin Erstad are all at the end of their careers. Even Vlad, the baby of the group, is 30 years old with 10 seasons of ML experience.
    They missed big opportunities to replace those veterans, but passed on some great players..e.g Eric Chavez, Manny Ramirez, and Paul Konerko, to name a few....Just got back from the game last night at Dodger Stadium. Damn is that place ghetto!
    bignet...akaBigAngelFan

Sandbar Junkies
    They Suck...................

bignet
    They Suck...................
    Ya..you're right. I guess we can't win the AL West ALL the time.

bignet
    Thanks Shockwave...and to back up your last reply, not many people other than Angel Fans, could name anyone other than Garret Anderson on that World Series team. Which is why relying on your farm system works.
    bignet

HavasuSelect
    You can only do that for so long, ask the Yankees. Eventually, the small market teams pick you clean of all your farm system talent. Most talent in MLB does not exchange via free agency, it's moves via trade. The Yankees literally have nothing left in their farm system to trade and almost nothing to show for 7 years of pillaging.
    This is one of the reasons that Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Detroit are having breakout seasons and why Tampa Bay will within two years.
    Thats whats happening with the Dodgers right now. They have one of the deepest farm systems in all of baseball and its starting to show. This is going to be an exciting team to watch in the next couple of years.

HavasuSelect
    Dodgers don't have a ton of pitching in their farms right now (or at the ML level), but they have so much young talent that they can make some mid season trades for pitching. They really need Gagne back. He threw some BP yesterday.
    I read that Gagne actually faced batters. He said he felt 100% after the session but it's hard to tell if he's lying or not. He said he was 100% last time and look what happened. You're absolutley right about the trades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast