Thread: A few carb install questions.....

stashtrey
    I removed my old Holley last night and put the new Edelbrock on. It was an easy swap.....
    My questions are:
    The fuel line/inlet is around the other side of the carb so my current fuel line won't reach. Can I just buy another piece of black rubber fuel line long enough to reach around and let it lay on top of the manifold?
    The fitting that connects the fuel line appears to be the same that was on my Holley. It's a brass piece with a curved metal tube that makes a 90 deg turn.... the rubber fuel line slipped over that and was secured with a hose clamp. Do I need to use teflon or should the brass 3/8" fitting seal properly? I put it on just to make sure it was the same size and it fit perfectly.... I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.
    There is one other thing.... there was a hose/tube coming from one of my valve covers that connected to a metal tube coming from the old Holley carb. What is this for? The Edelbrock has a tube coming from just near the fuel inlet as well that they call a fuel pump vent.... do I simply get a longer tube/hose from the valve cover and attach it to the fuel pump vent tube coming from the carb? Why would this vent into the valve cover??
    Luckily my throttle linkage hooked up perfectly!

Cas
    I removed my old Holley last night and put the new Edelbrock on. It was an easy swap.....
    My questions are:
    Can I just buy another piece of black rubber fuel line long enough to reach around and let it lay on top of the manifold?
    I would usee USCG Approved fuel line instead of using the black automotive stuff. As far as laying it on the manifold, it would be better to keep the fuel line off of a heat source so as to keep the fuel cooler.
    Do I need to use teflon or should the brass 3/8" fitting seal properly?
    It's not really a good idea to use teflon tape only because a little piece may get into the carb and plug something up. That said, I use it but keep the edge of the tape at least 1/8" up from the leading edge of the fitting.
    s one other thing.... there was a hose/tube coming from one of my valve covers that connected to a metal tube coming from the old Holley carb. What is this for? The Edelbrock has a tube coming from just near the fuel inlet as well that they call a fuel pump vent.... do I simply get a longer tube/hose from the valve cover and attach it to the fuel pump vent tube coming from the carb? Why would this vent into the valve cover??
    The "vent" is actually the pcv (positive crankcase ventilation). It's there to help remove pressure that may build up in the crankcase. The big tube you're referring to on the carb should be for that hose. You should check the carb info to make sure.

El Prosecutor
    FWIW
    Keep the fuel line off of the manifold, it can heat up the fuel in the hose and cause percolation / flooding. I used a modified wire loom (like that used for spark plug wires) as a standoff, which works and looks great. Also, if you have trouble out of the box check your fuel pressure before any other troubleshooting - I recently found out that if you get more than about 6lbs. the Edlbrock may not perform right. The manual says to set it at 5.5 lbs.
    My 2c :boxed:

superdave013
    the fitting going into the carb is a straight thread. You use a gasket, not any tape or paste.