Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chevy vs. Dodge Pricing.....

NOTALENT
    not yet getting close to maybe sinking it at the launch ramp
    haha....I will do mine at the same time.... :rollside:

djunkie
    not yet getting close to maybe sinking it at the launch ramp
    :crossx: Thats why I'm not gonna lift mine.

bfab33
    On Star Sucks my 2500 has this in it and you can get one for about $1300.00
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...118AVIC-D1.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
    Always been a Chevy fan............but...............This fly by wire throttle sucks. I have the new Z71 with the Aluminum HO 5.3 motor (315 HP). Also have the 4:10 rear end. With this setup I should be able to yank stumps out of the ground.
    Sometimes I have step into the throttle to pull out of the neighorhood across a very busy street. Sometimes my ass sinches up from the lack of accelaration crossing this road. I have had the boat hooked up taking off up a hill and was concerned if my truck was going to make it up the hill. The tech at the dealership says it is the fly by wire throttle protecting the drive train. WTF Whats the use of having the bad boy motor and low gearing if the power is not there when you need it!
    I have always been a die hard fan of Chevy, but if the FBW is like this, this will be my last Chevy. That is actually a pretty sad staterment since I have had Chevy pickups for the last 25 years.
    You have to take it westers to tune it and take it off. Alot of guys had that complaint and took it there and were very happy. I think its called torque management. check this out for info http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...d.php?t=123667

hoolign
    Me too....They might as well be a MAZDA!!!!
    I never really like the Dodge's but when I bought mine that's all I could really afford...I came to love it...and after driving the new one's...They are awesome. I would still prefer the Chevy though.
    Haha
    Well.. what I am curious about is..at 22 years old, (sorry if i am off a month or two) what expierience have you used to back up you likes ..and dislikes for the many trucks 'you" have owned??..I can most certainly understand your "loyalness" to a certain brand, if you have run out of room on your bedroom wall, for all your dad's pictures out of his Super Chevy, and 4x4 magazines. But c'mon..reading ***boat and making vroom , vrooom noises with your new K-mart hikers on...hardley qualifies you to have an opinion on "trucks'!

hoolign
    My bad!...
    Haha
    I can totally understand you devotion to Chev by:
    Originally Posted by beyondhelpin
    Always been a Chevy fan............but...............This fly by wire throttle sucks. I have the new Z71 with the Aluminum HO 5.3 motor (315 HP). Also have the 4:10 rear end. With this setup I should be able to yank stumps out of the ground.
    Sometimes I have step into the throttle to pull out of the neighorhood across a very busy street. Sometimes my ass sinches up from the lack of accelaration crossing this road. I have had the boat hooked up taking off up a hill and was concerned if my truck was going to make it up the hill. The tech at the dealership says it is the fly by wire throttle protecting the drive train. WTF Whats the use of having the bad boy motor and low gearing if the power is not there when you need it!
    I have always been a die hard fan of Chevy, but if the FBW is like this, this will be my last Chevy. That is actually a pretty sad staterment since I have had Chevy pickups for the last 25 years."
    by your response of.,,
    "You know I got sad there for a minute, and then I saw your avatar...Then everything was ok again... ?"

hoolign
    haha
    she's a beat, but I know you gotta be itching for that new 6.6 diesel and allison trans.. :crossx:
    ....I digress

beyondhelpin
    You have to take it westers to tune it and take it off. Alot of guys had that complaint and took it there and were very happy. I think its called torque management. check this out for info http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...d.php?t=123667
    Funny you mentioned that forum. I had just done Goggle search for Chevy truck forums. I posted the same question over there. Very interesting reading. I see a reprogram in the very near future. Everything seems to boil down to torque managment (TM). Thanks for the info!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345