Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAVEY 27' CAT

LAKEMAN
    Iam thinking of moving up from a 25'v hull to a cat.Lavey has there 27'sabre demo for sale.The one that was in hot boat.anybody heard anything good or bad about this boat.

hcb26
    Lakeman, I was in the channel at Havasu, begining of october and a lavey cat pulled up next to me, I hadnt heard to much about the boat,but after talking to the owner he loved it he had a whippled charged 500 in it and said the boat runs near 100mph. I was checking out the rigging and it was very clean I know lavey builds a good boat so I dont think you could go wrong. I think its a good looking cat. Good luck!!!

Laveyman
    Lakeman,
    I have personally been in that boat when Jeff, the owner of Lavey, and his family had it out at Lake Mead for the weekend. It is an awesome boat! I just wish I could afford to buy it. Because the economy is kinda slow, they've had that boat there for several months, 5-6 at least. When I was looking at it they were willing to sell it fairly reasonable. By now, I imagine they are just about ready to give it away.
    As hcb26 said, the Lavey quality and rigging is impeccable, as is their customer service. The cat hcb26 is talkling about is owned by my buddy Garry. He also posts here on ***boat. Hopefully he will see this and give you some more first hand info on the boat.

warlock25
    I once owned a 20.6 sebring from lavey. The company is great to deal with and they build a great boat. They do pay attention to all the details ( rigging and gel was fantastic) The boat I had was absolutly the worst riding boat I had ever been in. Boy did we take a pounding at Havasu during the summer( but you know how that goes in a small boat) Size does matter http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif, I've seen their cat, and would of bought it if I had the $$$,$$$.00 I had already purchase a Warlock cat prior to them coming out with their Sabre. I can tell you I would have jumped at the one your looking at if I didn't already have one.Good Luck, John

kanedog
    Lakeman:I called about that boat a while back andf the company seemed very helpful. What was the price they gave you on that cat?

LAKEMAN
    Kanedog,The price they gave me is 80k.The boat has about 50 hours on it.Not a bad price.I think might be dealing even on that price.I just don't know about the merc 575.I think a 500efi or to have a motor built by GT performance might be the way to go.It just takes more dollars.

JSP
    Jim did you forget someone?
    [This message has been edited by JSP (edited January 07, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by JSP (edited January 07, 2002).]

JSP
    Originally posted by Laveyman:
    Lakeman,
    owned by my buddy Garry
    Hmmm your buddy Garry?
    Jody

MissHavasuCat
    They always forget us http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif Must be a "guy thing" Good to see you on the board! We'll have to get some trips planned at the same time this season... it's not too far away!!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Jody

kanedog
    Lakeman:The price in the summer for the boat thats always their ***boat ad was 92k.The price has dropped considerably.Excellent price now. Check the warranty situation with the 575.I haven't read anything bad or problems with that motor yet.Top speed is 92 mph if I remember right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast