Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps and stupid people piss me off!

Gilligan
    Why do people start backing their boats in and stop to put the drain plug in, load the cooler, put sunscreen on the kids, check their engine oil, remove the straps, ect. Why canÂ’t the dumb bastards do that before they get to the ramp and not hold up the people trying to launch???
    Does this crap happen in AZ or is it just an Indiana thing? I am so happy I have a slip this year!!

voodoomedman
    Why do people start backing their boats in and stop to put the drain plug in, load the cooler, put sunscreen on the kids, check their engine oil, remove the straps, ect. Why canÂ’t the dumb bastards do that before they get to the ramp and not hold up the people trying to launch???
    Does this crap happen in AZ or is it just an Indiana thing? I am so happy I have a slip this year!!
    They just want to make sure a three hour tour doesn't turn into a 7 trip to a desert island!!!!!

Gilligan
    They just want to make sure a three hour tour doesn't turn into a 7 trip to a desert island!!!!!
    The SS minnow is already moored at the dock!! :rollside: No problems there. :yuk:

donzi5150
    I had an idiot in Florida that pulled in the ramp after me. I pulled to the outside of the ramp to allow other people to load their boat. They stayed inside the slip. I was starting to back my trailer in since I was there first expecting the passengers to move the boat. They started to yell at me and I politely said that I was there first with the trailer and that they needed to move. About that time the owner pulled up and started yelling at me from his truck. There was no common sense at play with these morons! As this started to escalate I stepped out of my truck preparing to fight these three idiots and the guy in the truck jumped out and I immediately noticed his left arm was amputated from above the elbow. I politely got back in my truck and advised him to learn about boat launch ramp etiquette........

BADBLOWN572
    If you can not be in and out within 5 min (max) get the F*#K out of my way!
    I hate it when people use the launch ramp as thier own loading area. If you don't know what you are doing, figure it out somewhere else!!!
    No it is not just an Indiana thing. There are idiots all over!

voodoomedman
    Seriously though. There are idiots at most of the ramps in Havasu and on Mohave. We launch early and pull out early to avoid the crowds and idiots. On holiday weekends we won't even launch on Saturday and then on Sunday and Monday we drive south of town to an undisclosed location and launch where there really aren't idiots.

What is the m,atter with you? You could have taken the one armed guy easy!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Steve

donzi5150
    Easy, yes, even with both arms........but It was just one of those moments when you think is this really worth it! Also, prior to that moment I was preparing to take on three.......

Beer Factor
    I've always said that someday i will get my video camera and take it to the ramp on a busy weekend. I've seen some pretty funny shiat by some dumb people.

donzi5150
    Thats was my fear! Being an ex special operations combat veteran and an ex officer this was the most scared I have ever been! :rollside:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast