Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what carb do I need?

Recently installed a tr with a single carb and I was wonderin what carb would best suit the tr . My old carb is 750 vac sec. and it used to run really well but I know it wont with the tr. Any sugestions would be helpful.
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...blockchevy.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
    I would say you don't need 1 carb, you need 2. Tunnel rams and single carbs do not work toegther very well. somthing in the 450 cfm range would work well. Alot of ppl get that bigger is better stuck in thier head and end up costing themselfs alot of headaches...
    FWIW 2 vac carbs index toegther are far ezer to tune then 2 mech carbs...

So I'm just gonna suffer for a while . :cry:

RICHARD TILL
    an 850 double pumper will work just fine on your boat. done it many times.

an 850 double pumper will work just fine on your boat. done it many times.
    I've been told this is the hot ticket but as ususal nobody I know had done it. how did work out for you.

I've been told this is the hot ticket but as ususal nobody I know had done it. how did work out for you.
    u will find out after talking to people in the know, that a sgl TR is not the way to go...they have a habit of puddleing fuel in the corners & do not run well...i had 1 on my boat & took it off after i found that out & now it runs much better...if u must have a TR...get a dual top & run 450/600cfm carbs...u will be better off...if u decide to go to a sgl carb & manifold...i recommend u try the Edelbrock Air Gap dual plane with a 750/850cfm mech sec...they work awsome...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

u will find out after talking to people in the know, that a sgl TR is not the way to go...they have a habit of puddleing fuel in the corners & do not run well...i had 1 on my boat & took it off after i found that out & now it runs much better...if u must have a TR...get a dual top & run 450/600cfm carbs...u will be better off...if u decide to go to a sgl carb & manifold...i recommend u try the Edelbrock Air Gap dual plane with a 750/850cfm mech sec...they work awsome...just my .02 cents
    fastrat
    AWSOME.

Jordy
    u will find out after talking to people in the know, that a sgl TR is not the way to go...they have a habit of puddleing fuel in the corners & do not run well...
    Really? I ran one for quite a few years with a single 830 Holley and a pretty mild 468 (8:1 compression) and my lake boat (full gear, stereo, coolers, seats, etc.) was bouncing off 80 mph on a consistant basis on GPS. Guess it all depends on how you set it up. Oh, and it was a jet.

HOSS
    I really don`t give a damn,,,but I love looking at that avatar.

If yu need a tunnelram i've got one polished for $125.00 plus shipping.It's for a BBC std deck.If you are interested i'll send you a pic.
    JIM S
    there ya go Beerjet...just the ticket
    fastrat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast