Thread: What motor/gears/prop you runnin in your shovelnose ???

DUECE'SDAD
    Well i am at it again, the shovelnose is gettin a new engine thanks to the help of Infomaniac and MArine ASSault ! ! ! Its gonna be 427 with 671 littlefield and a bug catcher on alky. I have 15% gears in right now and thought of tryin those first and maybe opting for the 22%that i also have. . . Or should i trade around for some 18's ? ? ? Also am i ready to off the three blade and go for a two blade now that i will have some hp ? ? I have learned quite a bit of info so far on these shovels since they seam to be a little different than pickles. . . How is your shovel set up > > > Dustin

beaverfab
    I would think you could run 29's or 32's with your blower motor. Your 15's are way to low. When you decide whet to run give me a call I may have what you want. j.j.

Carnivalride
    Well i am at it again, the shovelnose is gettin a new engine thanks to the help of Infomaniac and MArine ASSault ! ! ! Its gonna be 427 with 671 littlefield and a bug catcher on alky. I have 15% gears in right now and thought of tryin those first and maybe opting for the 22%that i also have. . . Or should i trade around for some 18's ? ? ? Also am i ready to off the three blade and go for a two blade now that i will have some hp ? ? I have learned quite a bit of info so far on these shovels since they seam to be a little different than pickles. . . How is your shovel set up > > > Dustin
    How much power will you have, what kinda rpm do you wanta turn what pitch prop are you planning to run? Personally I wouldn't waste my time going from 15's to 18's unless your racing you usually don't see that much difference in one step at the lake. If your putting up any boost with blown injected alcohol I'd think you could easily turn 22's or 25's up around 7000 on a mild tune.
    So will it be ready for Okmulgee?