Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Comp Jet Circle Boat Racing Unity"

Squirtin Thunder
    The Southern California Speedboat Club is offering a Comp Jet Class, but with few CJs, they have had to race against the v-drives. This is OK for bragging rights, but according to Ross Wallach (Commodore of SCSC), we Jet Boat Guys and Gals can have our own class if there are a minimum number of participants.
    I am working on a Comp Jet Class for SCSC. My goal is to put the rules together that will accommodate most Jet Boat circle racing classes. This is the key to bringing the Comp Jet class back, unity. I want to instill on everyone that no matter what, the max speed rule of 80.9 will not be changed. This one rule is our major governing body to keep the little guy in the game. I am also inviting everyone to give there input. We do not have Official Rules at this time for Comp Jet. I would like to make a general group of rules across the country. This way if a guy in NC wants to run out at Lake Ming, CA, all he has to worry about is getting here on time.
    Anyone that is interested, would like to get involved, or want more info in Jet Boat Circle racing, please let me know by email: jrpm@npgcable.com. We need a minimum of 5 boats to have a Comp Jet Class.
    These are the proposed rules, as of now, that will be submitted for approval on January 20th, 2006 to SCSC for the 2006 Comp Jet Class;
    Please review
    Comp Jet Class
    APBA & SCSC Proposed General Rules
    1) Required: Minimum of 5 Boats.
    2) Maximum length of 21'.
    3) Entry Fee: $80/average pre day, rates may vary.
    4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership).
    5) Plus SCSC membership fee-$20/year.
    6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification.
    7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules.
    8) No Jet-A-way required.
    9) GPS - Contact Jim Best for GPS Spec...must have max speed sensor and recording.
    10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH.
    11) Kill switch.
    12) Neck collar.
    13) Helmet restraints.
    14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines.
    15) Turning Rudder (must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the jet nozzle and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches).
    16) Diverter stop (Rooster Tail not to exceed about 4’ off the water).
    17) Through bolted loader (4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts).
    18) The numbers must be at least 12 inches in height, in contrasting colors, and legible.
    19) Have fun and be safe.
    For Schedule & Race Information visit:
    www.scscracing.com
    SCSC Membership (http://www.scscracing.com/2005_scsc_membershipapp.pdf)
    APBA entry form (http://www.scscracing.com/form_05_apba_entry.pdf)
    2006 SCSC Race Schedule (http://www.scscracing.com/schedule.html)
    Not updated with '06 schedule yet
    APBA Rules (http://www.superstockracing.com/apba...tock_rules.htm)
    Good Luck and I hope to see you out there.
    Please contact
    Jim Rich
    jrpm@npgcable.com
    928-704-1858
    2005 Sprint Nationals - Long Beach, California
    http://www.gnracing.org/gallery/05_0824/06.jpg

mexrunner
    was wondering why the need for the rudder? my understanding is they dont make a difference at speed.

MikeF
    was wondering why the need for the rudder? my understanding is they dont make a difference at speed.
    For safety. If you lose power you can still steer the boat.

dmontzsta
    Just curious, how did they run against the V-Drives? and what class? nostalgia?

Squirtin Thunder
    LilRick took second overall Thanksgivin @ Parker in the Nastalgia Endurance Class

dmontzsta
    LilRick took second overall Thanksgivin @ Parker in the Nastalgia Endurance Class
    Cool.
    Nostalgia is the class with the 80mph max right? Is this the class you are trying to start for the jets?
    Couldnt there be a class like SS for jets? Sort of unlimited speed, but more limited motor. That would be good to see the jets vs. v-drives in a class like that.

superdave013
    back in the day the HurryRound Hondo jet won some K boat races.

Squirtin Thunder
    Don, there are a number of different classes, Nastalgia V and Nastalgia Endurance, these two classes are governed by the 80.9mph max gps speed. I was told the only way for this to happen is to have the max speed limit. And as stated in the original post it helps keep the little guy involved. Everyone wants to go faster, but till you actually do it in a racing situation with 4 other boats you really don't understand. Thanksgivin LilRick was out there with 11 other boats on a 1 mile course, that would be quite unnerving to say the least. Also we want to bring the sport of boat racing back, that takes more competitors, the Comp Jet class has been desided that it stays at 80.9 for the next season.
    Now Don once you get your program done you might want to start out with a few Nastalgia V and Endurance races for shake down runs.
    as dave has said there was K class jets

dmontzsta
    Don, there are a number of different classes, Nastalgia V and Nastalgia Endurance, these two classes are governed by the 80.9mph max gps speed. I was told the only way for this to happen is to have the max speed limit. And as stated in the original post it helps keep the little guy involved. Everyone wants to go faster, but till you actually do it in a racing situation with 4 other boats you really don't understand. Thanksgivin LilRick was out there with 11 other boats on a 1 mile course, that would be quite unnerving to say the least. Also we want to bring the sport of boat racing back, that takes more competitors, the Comp Jet class has been desided that it stays at 80.9 for the next season.
    Now Don once you get your program done you might want to start out with a few Nastalgia V and Endurance races for shake down runs.
    as dave has said there was K class jets
    I am all for keeping the "little guy" sport alive. It seems all the boat racing you see are the big ocean barges, out in the middle of the sea.

Squirtin Thunder
    I am all for keeping the "little guy" sport alive. It seems all the boat racing you see are the big ocean barges, out in the middle of the sea.
    Baby steps !!!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast