Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: "Comp Jet Circle Boat Racing Unity"

disco_charger
    This is a guy named Larry Edwards. He raced SJ in the 70's and 80's. He used Striegle motor in his Rogers. His son Brian was racing this hull at Ming for a while. Larry and my father were pretty good friends. For a while, my Dad was anouncing the circle races for the NJBA.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...dwards-med.jpg

wsuwrhr
    One of the few things left on my "to do list" is run at least one race at "The Stadium".
    I hope we can still buy gas by then.
    Brian

Squirtin Thunder
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...dwards-med.jpg
    This pic almost looks like "Lets Dance" VictorFBs boat.

Squirtin Thunder
    After carefull concideration and talking with a few current racers and racers of the past and all of your input, I have come to the conclution that the class needs a name change. I have deside, being we are using alot of the Nastalgia Rules to call the class, Nastalgia Comp Jet. I hope that does not rub anyone the wrong way as I am trying to show respect for those that race Comp Jet in the past.
    Thanks
    Jim

Hey Chris,
    The son of Mel Bacon is at Lost Lake and drives the open bow blue CP. He got to grow up watching his dad run that thing at Parker, Ming,Long Beach, etc. Lots of good stories. His dad also owned Jetrix Marine back in the day. That's when Scotten was your age and worked for Rogers.....long time ago/lol.
    I actually met Mel at Big River 2 summers ago, what a character. He was really cool and gave me alot of advice about racing guys on the river that I will never forget.
    Any word on racing? I've heard they wanted to get back into racing.

MAXIMUS
    Max,
    If your going to make fun of my illustrious racing career at least get the facts straight. 1st off, the only thing I was proud of was making it back to the pit right-side-up! and it was 2 heats not 1 :boxed: Lance offered me a shot behind the wheel and he taped it. I finished both heats on the lead lap and was first to the pin on my 2nd heat ahead (5 by lengths) of the great Gus Schade in the injected "Intimidator" boat owned by Hal Jones. Ok, enough about me...lol :messedup:
    Lets take a look at your career.... :devil: In your debut race you chose not to drive :rollside: instead you had someone else drive your boat for you. I know you weren't scared, Its a big transition from the Blown fuel ski boat class to gn racing and pacing yourself had to be a wise decision.
    Lets move on to the highlight of your career where you (with help from a racing legend and a top level river racer) proved victorious in the return of the great "Parker Enduro". So what if the race was only a mere shell of its once 150+ boats entered race. And don't listen to those naysayers who discredit you for that slight 45 minute headstart you were awarded at the beginning of the race. And just because that red schiada was reeling you in like a 5 horse go cart in a nextel race, you deserve all the glory oh great one. :rollside:
    In the end both of us are pretty pathetic and I for one don't want to degrade my resume further by entering a parade disguised as a race. For the sake of my lunch break I will continue to support your cause (and outboard racing) until you have succeeded in taking nostalgia racing [did I say racing?] to the top! :rollside:
    And a big Ca'Mon for the 59 mph peanut gallery!
    Heres a pic of the Ski Jet class "Von Bacon Express" to get this thread back on track!
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...race%20Jet.jpg
    All right cupcake no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was not dissin you & I'm sorry if it appeared that way. I was asking an honest question as I am interested what you think about the competition in that divison & how you might fair amongst the group. Not trying to put you on the spot so if you are uncomfortable responding then don't. As for my career "Chief" I wouldn't say I have one... The GN is Grich's deal & I am only there to support the cause... So no need to try & glorify my position however I am flattered! If I am viewed as being pathetic then so be it! Can't stop me from havin fun! Once again you have stepped on your unit...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    All right cupcake no need to get your panties in a bunch. I was not dissin you & I'm sorry if it appeared that way. I was asking an honest question as I am interested what you think about the competition in that divison & how you might fair amongst the group. Not trying to put you on the spot so if you are uncomfortable responding then don't. As for my career "Chief" I wouldn't say I have one... The GN is Grich's deal & I am only there to support the cause... So no need to try & glorify my position however I am flattered! If I am viewed as being pathetic then so be it! Can't stop me from havin fun! Once again you have stepped on your unit...
    I wish I could step on my unit Lol!! :rollside: As you can see I'm very sensitive
    As to your question, how am I supposed to take that serious? The guys are racing with a speed limit! How can that be called a race?
    Before this deal was running Jim contacted me for input for how he should format this class. I directed him to the Northern Nostie group who btw runs an "average speed" per lap speed limit. Their course is short with lots of turns and that in itself keeps the guys in check. No one has been able hit the speed limit to date. This makes for good racing. I wish Jim had adopted that format and I've told him that.
    How would I do? I would be DQed for ignoring the posted speed limit! :crossx:
    Don't get me wrong Ben, I support nostalgia, the old boats and even the guys in the class I just hope for a few rule changes to make it more interesting. :clover:
    Your pal,
    ---Jerry

Squirtin Thunder
    Bob, I completely understand as well as they hope they understand Baby steps are the only way to bring it back. As far as the speed deal goes we would have to shorten the course to a messured 3/4 mile and go with a max average speed of 80mph. The problem with that is, SCSC is not really willing to change there course for us, with a new class. As you know I have took advise from quite a few people on this including yourself. I am trying to make this fly and be open to other competitors from other regions, say east coast, north west, southern states or where ever. This is what will help it grow and possibly increase the speed limit a bit.
    Here is the deal with the Comp Jet class up in Burley. They fall under APBA Special event rules. No speed limit, 500ci max, 1 - 1.25 mile course. There speeds in the mid to low 80mph range.
    2006 Burger King Idaho Regatta (http://www.idahoregatta.com/)
    Again Thank you
    Jim
    Jerry as I have stated to bring back a Jet only class ring now we are limited in speed and courses are dictated by the SCSC. The APBA also regulates speed to course length, along with insurance. Those two things seem to be creating the most problems. Once this is actually up and running then we can make neccisary changes for better compitition, Baby Steps !!!!
    Here were our choises;
    1) APBA special event, no speed limit any length - That would kill the Parker 300 being one per club per year.
    2) 3/4 mile course 80mph max average speed limit- SCSC will not change there course for us.
    3) 1 mile couse 80.9mph max speed run as many races as we chose with SCSC.
    As you see we had to compamize to bring back boat racing.
    Thank you for your input
    Jim

Squirtin Thunder
    what?
    Tyson are you interested in running at Ming in March ???