Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Comp Jet Circle Boat Racing Unity"

Squirtin Thunder
    Who in APBA told you That ? :argue:
    Ross and the SCSC board, no rudder no racing.
    Is a Drag boat guy going to cross over ???
    Now this has also been a rule in SCSC for two years as well as in the Parker 300.

mj680
    Is a Drag boat guy going to cross over ???
    I ran Comp Jet circles 30 years ago and 4 inch rudders didn't work then and won,t work now.We were running 95 to 100 MPH back then,maybe that was the difference,

Squirtin Thunder
    I ran Comp Jet circles 30 years ago and 4 inch rudders didn't work then and won,t work now.
    Are you going to come back So maybe we need deeper rudders, like 8" ??? Your help and insight is very important to the success of my venture. So please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

disco_charger
    I'm not looking to race, and if I were, I'd bolt one up as I don't think it hurts or helps. I just think that the idea that one of those Berk rudders as a safety piece is laughable.

Squirtin Thunder
    I'm not looking to race, and if I were, I'd bolt one up as I don't think it hurts or helps. I just think that the idea that one of those Berk rudders as a safety piece is laughable.
    I do take mine off for reg river use.

bp
    Are you going to come back
    jim, don't take this the wrong way, but calling this class "comp jet" rubs a lot of people the wrong way. a true comp jet class didn't have a speed limit, the engine rules for that class are still somewhere, and guys pushed the rules as hard as they could. a lot of people shed a lot of blood sweat and tears in that class, and to call an 80.9 "run what you brung" deal a "comp jet" class tends to put down what they did, and what it was all about.
    again, don't take it the wrong way, because you're trying to get -something- going. but, if you get a little bit of a negative response from some people, you should understand that you're using a class name that has a lot of history to it.

Squirtin Thunder
    Bob, I completely understand as well as they hope they understand Baby steps are the only way to bring it back. As far as the speed deal goes we would have to shorten the course to a messured 3/4 mile and go with a max average speed of 80mph. The problem with that is, SCSC is not really willing to change there course for us, with a new class. As you know I have took advise from quite a few people on this including yourself. I am trying to make this fly and be open to other competitors from other regions, say east coast, north west, southern states or where ever. This is what will help it grow and possibly increase the speed limit a bit.
    Again Thank you
    Jim

lilrick
    Bob, I completely understand as well as they hope they understand Baby steps are the only way to bring it back. As far as the speed deal goes we would have to shorten the course to a messured 3/4 mile and go with a max average speed of 80mph. The problem with that is, SCSC is not really willing to change there course for us, with a new class. As you know I have took advise from quite a few people on this including yourself. I am trying to make this fly and be open to other competitors from other regions, say east coast, north west, southern states or where ever. This is what will help it grow and possibly increase the speed limit a bit.
    Again Thank you
    Jim
    well put, and if anyone is offended..... well I just don't think they will be..I've personally received help from three prominate old school comp jet racers and they were more than delighted to help me out !!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    well put, and if anyone is offended..... well I just don't think they will be..I've personally received help from three prominate old school comp jet racers and they were more than delighted to help me out !!!!
    I am hoping for as much support from past and future racers as I can get with this. This not ment in anyway to offend anyone.

MAXIMUS
    Why would anybody be offended by trying to revive a lost sport! Call it what you want. I like comp jet! As for the 80 mph & all those that think it is lame! Don't knock it until you try it! I raced the jets in the nostalgia endurance deal & it was a blast & very challenging. A great way for newbies to get involved with out spending their life savings... As for all the peeps that are too cool to be limited by speed & would rather take shots at the program, I will say its your loss...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast