Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Comp Jet Circle Boat Racing Unity"

MAXIMUS
    On a side note I have to share this. My group of amigos that I hang with all have river racers. Since we have gotten involved with the GN program things have been changing slightly. I was told that over new years at parker they were all trying to run laps on the river instead of drag racing back and forth. This would be a cole tr2 with a 600 ci ford, a sanger runner with 468 & a roger bonneville with a 468. Apperantly going straigt is not fun anymore! lol Don't let the roundy round bug bite! :rollside:

bp
    Why would anybody be offended by trying to revive a lost sport! Call it what you want. I like comp jet! As for the 80 mph & all those that think it is lame! Don't knock it until you try it! I raced the jets in the nostalgia endurance deal & it was a blast & very challenging. A great way for newbies to get involved with out spending their life savings... As for all the peeps that are too cool to be limited by speed & would rather take shots at the program, I will say its your loss...
    i didn't knock anything, didn't call anything lame, didn't take any shots. perhaps you should read the post before running off on a rant.
    all i stated was that the true "comp jet" class had, and still has, established rules, was extremely competitive 30+ years ago, and this is different than the true "comp jet" class. no one's going to knock anything that is going on with this deal, i wouldn't mind running it myself if i had the time. all i'm saying is that there should be some sense of the history of the class, and what it was really about, which wasn't a speed limit.
    kind of like limiting a k-boat to a weiand on a 350. isn't quite the same thing.

Squirtin Thunder
    There are talks going on that could actually do such a thing. I am and have talked to the AOF guys and there deal is 80mph max average on the 3/4 mile course.

Moneypitt
    How about SuperSPORT jet????????...........MP

mj680
    How about SuperSPORT jet????????...........MP
    Or SLOW JET

MAXIMUS
    i didn't knock anything, didn't call anything lame, didn't take any shots. perhaps you should read the post before running off on a rant.
    all i stated was that the true "comp jet" class had, and still has, established rules, was extremely competitive 30+ years ago, and this is different than the true "comp jet" class. no one's going to knock anything that is going on with this deal, i wouldn't mind running it myself if i had the time. all i'm saying is that there should be some sense of the history of the class, and what it was really about, which wasn't a speed limit.
    kind of like limiting a k-boat to a weiand on a 350. isn't quite the same thing.
    Yes I did read this entire thread. More importantly since the start of the revival there has been a lot of negative input from people who just sit on the side lines anyway. My point is what ever its called, it is a good thing & more than a lot of fun. You should try it. I like all these characters who think 80 is slow & boring. A real 80 mph in very unstable water conditions with say 5-10 boats all around you & a turn pin coming up on the left is much different then running 100+ on perfect water for a short distance. I have done both.... After driving a gn in that class, I have lost interest in driving my 100+ mph jet in a straight line... :frown: By the way BP don't get your panties in a bunch, this is a discussion not a bash session... :notam:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Yes I did read this entire thread. More importantly since the start of the revival there has been a lot of negative input from people who just sit on the side lines anyway. My point is what ever its called, it is a good thing & more than a lot of fun. You should try it. I like all these characters who think 80 is slow & boring. A real 80 mph in very unstable water conditions with say 5-10 boats all around you & a turn pin coming up on the left is much different then running 100+ on perfect water for a short distance. I have done both.... After driving a gn in that class, I have lost interest in driving my 100+ mph jet in a straight line... :frown: By the way BP don't get your panties in a bunch, this is a discussion not a bash session... :notam:
    As a professional spectator :crossx: I can say the 80 mph speed limit is great! It provides me with a longer lunch break especially when they run nostalgia next to the outboard heats. :rollside:

MAXIMUS
    As a professional spectator :crossx: I can say the 80 mph speed limit is great! It provides me with a longer lunch break especially when they run nostalgia next to the outboard heats. :rollside:
    I should have been a pro bass master! I always use the right bait! lol I hear ya if it aint an SS or K then it just aint shiat! Cool now go back to your room & continue editing all that great footage of your heros... By the way how is the project coming??? Have you tried that trick prop yet? :messedup:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I should have been a pro bass master! I always use the right bait! lol I hear ya if it aint an SS or K then it just aint shiat! Cool now go back to your room & continue editing all that great footage of your heros... By the way how is the project coming??? Have you tried that trick prop yet? :messedup:
    PS GN and crackers are cool! OK, back to my room....Lol.

MAXIMUS
    PS GN and crackers are cool! OK, back to my room....Lol.
    Don't start kissin my ass now! I wouldn't know how to take it! Seriously Jer you should come out with your hondo & just try it once. I really had a blast doing it & if it wasn't for my wife grounding me my from my sack, I would continue to do so...Even your bro would have a ball warming up in that class! I'm telling ya it is a hoot!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast