Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbe Question

Towndrunk
    Shouldn't look past that Hydrostream I linked to. Thats one fine quick boat.

Tom Brown
    I think if I was looking for a Havasu <-> Needles boat, I'd try to find a 20' tunnel like an STV/Mirage/Rapid Craft/Lightning with a 260/280 on it. Of course, the engine would have to be all nicasil with Mahle pistons, not something someone has carved up.

sorry dog
    I think if I was looking for a Havasu <-> Needles boat, I'd try to find a 20' tunnel like an STV/Mirage/Rapid Craft/Lightning with a 260/280 on it. Of course, the engine would have to be all nicasil with Mahle pistons, not something someone has carved up.
    ... and put extra effort in due diligence...especially if buying from screamandfly.
    The phrase "Break in time only" is now a joke with some of my boating friends.

Kim Hanson
    I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I am toying with the Idea of getting an outboard (Stoker, Baker or something along those lines) and was wondering about the reliability of the engines out there. I've heard stories of outboards being very reliable with years of trouble-free use, then I've also heard about people dumping tons of money in to them because they keep blowing up. Is it an issue of abuse or lack of maintenance that is causing these to fail, certain brands more reliable than others or is it just luck of the draw? I am very familiar with flatty's, I/O's and tournament boats, but no experience with an O/B. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I have a HST with pretty big power to the size of her, 340 HP @ the prop and I really like it when she airs out and she is a OMC. If I would just try to keep it below 6 grand she would last I think My last rebuild wasn't my fault either, a brother inlaw/outlaw sunk the nose cone in the sand and rock bar to keep it still and never told me and we hade a weiner roast went I got it back to shore :cry: motor was toast, $10,000 later faster and the way I think is if it can go fast, I go fast. I maybe hard on equipment but I keep care of my boats...Okay, except that v-drive that won't die .......This is mine, V8 baby
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1089919194.jpg

Kim Hanson
    You want a Fhockarso , they make those somewhere deep to my heart isn't it Screaming ShitHouse.com or something like that ..........( . )( . ).................maybe Screaming Shit Boys.com, shit I know im close

Kim Hanson
    ... and put extra effort in due diligence...especially if buying from screamandfly.
    I knew I didn't fit in over there when they told to Scream & Fock OFF ..........( . )( . ).........
    They were talking about the Scream and Shit Boys right

Jack Black
    That Hydrostream is very clean, just not what I'm looking for and a tunnel would be great, but is the insurance through the roof like it is with the big cats or is it cheaper because the ins. company is only seeing "200hp"? As of right now, I really like the Lavey craft, Baker and Stoker, but it will be another month before I can buy so I'm keeping an open mind. Thanks again for all the feedback, O/B's are the one type of boat I've always liked, but never had any experince with.

BILLY.B
    Hey JB... I have Hallett 210 with 275 Verado for sale. 75mph with the right prop. Seating for 6. Holds 75 gallons of fuel for those long trips. And plenty of storage for 4 ice chests. Are you in??????. :rollside:

Towndrunk
    Kim, you scare me sometimes.

blender over
    That Hydrostream is very clean, just not what I'm looking for and a tunnel would be great, but is the insurance through the roof like it is with the big cats or is it cheaper because the ins. company is only seeing "200hp"? As of right now, I really like the Lavey craft, Baker and Stoker, but it will be another month before I can buy so I'm keeping an open mind. Thanks again for all the feedback, O/B's are the one type of boat I've always liked, but never had any experince with.
    What about a 1998 liberator 21ft tunnel with a 225 pro max all stock with 2 props ans a nice stereo.
    I got 1 for sale if interested!!! PM me 4 detials

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast