Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Island, Emerald Bay Lake Tahoe: Can ya land on it?

Flying Tiger
    Now that we're running superchargers, we want to try Lake Tahoes high altitude and say we wakeboarded there when we visit family up there.
    Are you allowed to land on and set foot on the island in Emerald Cove?

DCBob
    Now that we're running superchargers, we want to try Lake Tahoes high altitude and say we wakeboarded there when we visit family up there.
    Are you allowed to land on and set foot on the island in Emerald Cove?
    No :220v: There is camping on a first come basis just to the right of the island going into Emerald Bay though

Flying Tiger
    Has a speed limit been set out on the middle of the Lake, or can ya still open it up?

DCBob
    Has a speed limit been set out on the middle of the Lake, or can ya still open it up?
    Not sure.....but I think yer good to go

infotraker
    You used to be able to hold the boat or anchor and walk up to the little rock tea house, maybe not now thou. I've been up there a lot in the past but not in the last 15 years. The lake is fun to go on close to shore, you may still be able to see the bottom which could be seen really good when even deep. It can get rough fast when the wind comes up so be carefull. We used to go there in the 68 Schiada flat.

grads2112
    I saw people climbing all over the island last year...didn't seem to be a problem. No speed limits that I know of. It is 15 m.p.h. in Emerald Bay though.

bubbletop409
    You have to anchor off, but are free to climb to the top, to visit the stone tea house. You can land at the Viking Castle at the end of the bay. Tahoe is higher now than in the past few years and still rising, should be a great summer. We spend a week at the Tahoe Keys every summer, looking forward to that. Remember Tahoe is at 6200' so you performance will be down somewhat. Some nice places to stop for refreshments are The Beacon at Camp Richardson, Zephyr Cove, Tahoe City marina has courtesey bouys and a shuttle to get you back and forth, a few nice dining places there. Sand Harbor has a large beach, and a beautiful launch area.

Flying Tiger
    Thanks for all the info.

grads2112
    If you've never been to Sand Harbor go there. The water is a little warmer there and takes on a tropical blue color. We anchored in 30' of water and I could read the writing on my anchor...its awesome.

bubbletop409
    If you've never been to Sand Harbor go there. The water is a little warmer there and takes on a tropical blue color. We anchored in 30' of water and I could read the writing on my anchor...its awesome.
    grads2112 We seem to be driving the same boat, if that is your's in your signature. Shot me an e-mail, and I will forward some pic's of our Eagle. I'm in Castro Valley, do the delta alot, along with Pedro, Melones, Shasta, and a week at Tahoe. Going to be up there the third week in July. We also do an overnighter up to Old Town at least once a year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast