Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum. Bought a new boat, ready for another. Couple Ultra Steath Q's.

beaverretriever
    Just purchased, and we are ready for a new one. This is going to get expensive...LOL :rollside:
    My wife and I just got into boating late last yr. We live in the Vegas area so Lake Mead and Havasu are our local hangouts (we are 32 and 29 btw). We purchased a new Moomba Wakeboard boat with tower, ballast, etc and of course a giant stereo. We are having the time of our lives with it. We had no idea how much fun boating could be.
    We bought the wakeboard boat because we thought we would do lots of wakeboarding, wakeskating and towing of toys. Actually we love to just cruise, catch rays, hang with friends and drink beer...LOL. The boat is slow, and doesnt handle rough water worth a damn, and I knew this coming in.
    We just got back from Havasu today. I fell in love with the more sporty looking boats. We really like the look of the Ultra Stealth 21. I love the low draft, SEXY look. Im sure I will be ordering one at the end of this season or begining of next yr.
    Here are my questions. I did a search, but got some vague answers.
    1.Does Ultra take boats on trade? Im sure I would be better off selling it on my own, but that is such a hassle.
    2.I have been reading that some of the bowrider style boats are available with a stern drive or Jet. What is the best way to go on the Ultra for Lake Mead and Havasu, and do they offer both?
    3.What options do I have to have? I sure learned a lot after this first purchase but still want to make sure I get the right stuff.
    4.Anyone own a new 21Stealth, and how do you like it? What options did you get?
    5BTW, Im not made of money; so no, I dont want TVs in cushions..LOL. I would like to stay under 45k. Is this possible?
    Thanks for all the help.

SDLifesaver
    Just purchased, and we are ready for a new one. This is going to get expensive...LOL :rollside:
    My wife and I just got into boating late last yr. We live in the Vegas area so Lake Mead and Havasu are our local hangouts (we are 32 and 29 btw). We purchased a new Moomba Wakeboard boat with tower, ballast, etc and of course a giant stereo. We are having the time of our lives with it. We had no idea how much fun boating could be.
    We bought the wakeboard boat because we thought we would do lots of wakeboarding, wakeskating and towing of toys. Actually we love to just cruise, catch rays, hang with friends and drink beer...LOL. The boat is slow, and doesnt handle rough water worth a damn, and I knew this coming in.
    We just got back from Havasu today. I fell in love with the more sporty looking boats. We really like the look of the Ultra Stealth 21. I love the low draft, SEXY look. Im sure I will be ordering one at the end of this season or begining of next yr.
    Here are my questions. I did a search, but got some vague answers.
    1.Does Ultra take boats on trade? Im sure I would be better off selling it on my own, but that is such a hassle.
    2.I have been reading that some of the bowrider style boats are available with a stern drive or Jet. What is the best way to go on the Ultra for Lake Mead and Havasu, and do they offer both?
    3.What options do I have to have? I sure learned a lot after this first purchase but still want to make sure I get the right stuff.
    4.Anyone own a new 21Stealth, and how do you like it? What options did you get?
    5BTW, Im not made of money; so no, I dont want TVs in cushions..LOL. I would like to stay under 45k. Is this possible?
    Thanks for all the help.
    I will try and help answer some of your questions. First you have to understand that Mead and Havasu are BIG bodies of water and a 21' boat is not a wise long term boat choice. A 21' boat will not handle the chop much better than your current wakeboard boat. If you plan on having a family in the near future you are going to grow out of that boat quick. I would look for a little bigger boat. 24-25' to start with. Ultra and every other boat manufacturer offers both an IO or Jet for power. You would be better off with an IO for many reasons. Power, fuel economy, maintenance, warranty, ect. John West is the owner of Ultra Custom Boats and he is on here quite a bit and would be happy to answer your questions. His screen name on here is Ultra28, just look it up on the member list and shoot him a PM. As far as price goes, whatever power you choose will determine a big portion of the price. Good Luck.

johnny8052
    My wife and I just ordered our 21 stealth on April 22 and can't wait to pick it up. We were told about 8 weeks to build, so hopefully have it by early july. You could probably get one for about 45k with the 350 mag. We upgraded to the 496 mag, extreme trailer, spare tire, interior lights, and dual batteries. Talk to Steve at El Cajon store, he was very helpful.

Playbuoy
    Welcome to the boards! I agree with the post above regarding going to a 24'+. All in all, find the boat that best fits your needs and enjoy it...until it's time to trade in for a bigger one!

beaverretriever
    Awesome. Thanks for the replies so far.
    We only have a 3 car garage, and I dont think the 24 would fit. 90% of the time its just my wife and I.
    I dont want to finance, and I felt 45k would be a good amount. I guess I go to about 50k. That sounds like I should be able to get a pretty set up 21.

NOCTURNAL
    If your hangouts are going to be Havasu and Mead and you can not get a 24'+ boat, then I would suggest a deep vee boat to handle the chop. I have a 25' open bow and on the big weekends it beats the shit out of us when it gets choppy. I have never boated on Mead, but I have heard that it gets worse out in the middle in the afternoon. You want to be able to cut through the chop when it gets bad.
    The 21' Stealth is similar in style to my boat and I would not recommend it at Havasu, let alone Mead.

MR HARLEY
    Welcome aboard!

Supultlbich
    First you have to understand that Mead and Havasu are BIG bodies of water and a 21' boat is not a wise long term boat choice.
    This is very good advice. We bought our first boat last season and were looking to go bigger right away. If Ultra is boat you want you should hook up with some people on the boards and go for a ride in both the 21 and 24 and decide for yourself. I think you will find that the 24 is much better suited for the water and conditions you will encounter at Mead and Havasu. If $$$ is truly your bottom line then best of luck, but if you have 45k in cash lying around, it wouldnt be much more to get the bigger boat.
    Good luck!!

ULTRA28
    As much as I would like to sell you a boat, I normally wouldn't suggest a 21 if the majority of your boating is going to be Havasu. It might work fine for you, but the 21 is a shallow vee. You might want to talk to sigemock on the boards here. He had a 21 that he used at Havasu all the time. He can let you know how his performed.
    We do take trades and I would be happy to answer any questions for you if you would like to call me at the office tomorrow. 1-888-955-2628.
    John West

beaverretriever
    As much as I would like to sell you a boat, I normally wouldn't suggest a 21 if the majority of your boating is going to be Havasu. It might work fine for you, but the 21 is a shallow vee. You might want to talk to sigemock on the boards here. He had a 21 that he used at Havasu all the time. He can let you know how his performed.
    We do take trades and I would be happy to answer any questions for you if you would like to call me at the office tomorrow. 1-888-955-2628.
    John West
    Great, thanks for the reply.
    Honestly, even my curent boat is really not that bad, and Im sure your Stealth 21 will be better than my low-end wakeboat on Mead or Havasu. Wakeboard boats are the the worst for any kind of choppiness.
    Mead is where 90% of my time is spent, and it always seems better than Havasu.
    John, I really appreciate the invite to call you; but definitely dont want to bother you till I get closer. I told my wife it wouldnt be till next season, and I really want to do my research so I dont get the wrong boat. All I know is, I want somthing sleek and faster than what we have.
    This particular Stealth is seriously one of the sexiest boats (at any cost, shape, or size) I have ever seen. Can you say.... SCHAWIIING!
    http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/256.jpg

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast