Thread: 1,000 HP 4 cylinder?

Havasu Hangin'
    I thought this article was very interesting...

DansBlown73Nordic

DansBlown73Nordic

CMABadseed
    i had a 4 banger once....in the old boat. it was a merc 3.7L aluminum block. tons of work into it, but holy hell was that thing fast. it's no 1000 but 300hp aint too shabby for a 4 cylinder with oversized 454 pistons!

Havasu Hangin'
    Well...1,000 HP out of a little 2 liter...who's have thunk it could be done.
    However, I'm sure 9,700 RPMs w/40lbs of turbo boost probably helps a little...

burbanite
    Back to the days when the BMW F1 qualifying engines made 1500 HP for 1.5 liters.........3 lap wonders with no throttle response, WFO or nothing!

25Elmn8r
    thats great that they built a motor like that. but they need to work on the car that it goes in. Not just the design but the quality. If they don't bring the quality up they will never sell the amount of cars the way honda and Toyota does. Or should I say they will never sell that many cars period. I do have to say it is a step in the right direction though.

gnarley
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 25Elmn8r:

Not just the design but the quality. If they don't bring the quality up they will never sell the amount of cars the way honda and Toyota does. Or should I say they will never sell that many cars period.

I have to agree with you on that & I was born & raised in the GM family. I think the quality sucks & they don't know how to build an interior for the masses, or didn't that was very comfortable & actually had head rests that would support your head in whatever position you are in. They put cheap seating in most of their units built & that is one of the most important areas. If your not comfortable you won't want to spend a lot of time in the seat no matter how well it drives & I think Ford & Chrysler are right behind them. they suck to.