Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 911 Guy's !! : NO WAKE ZONE on River ok'd ( Havasu / Topoc )

carbonmarine
    By David Bell / Today's News - Herald
    Boaters will have to act like angles through teh devil's elbow, according to new rules established by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. A no wake zone has been established on teh Colorado River at teh Devil's Elbow area of Topoc Gorge at teh request of teh Havasu National Wildlife Refuge.
    John Earl, manager of the refuge, said teh area is narrow and features a dangerously sharp turn. " devils Elbow " has had several serious boating accidentsin teh past The no wake zone is intended slow boatersdown so the can navagate teh turn safetly.
    In addition to teh new rule at Topock gorge, teh back water area between teh soyth bouy line at the entrance to the river and castle rock is no a no wake zone and no PWC Zone. Bouys will mark both areas. Water Skiing is also prohibited.along teh entire strech of teh colorado river from the north end of lake havasu to the I-40 Bridge. AND LOUD BOATS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO OPERATE IN ANY AREA OF TEH WILDLIFE REFUGE. " Loud Noise is extremely distrubing to most wildlifeand reducesteh value of the refuge. Excessive noise also effects teh quality of teh experience for human visitors" said earle.
    The havasu national wildlife refuge manages the Arizona portions of Lake Havasu and the shoreline form Windsor to Catfishbay. From Catfish bay to the I-40Bridge, both sides of teh river are managed by teh refuge as is another tem miles north on teh Arizona side. Congress has designatedabout 18,000 acres of refuge lands on both sidesof teh colorado riverthrough Topock gorge and national wilderness.
    NOTE TO SELF: Greenies strike again; sell The Sunsation ASAP, purchase a the pontoon i was looking at !!

al cole'holic
    ..ok, who doesn't know how to spell "THE"...??

BajaMike
    What I want to know is how did all the "the"s get turned to "teh"s...
    :rollside: :rollside:

Todd969
    What direction is "soyth" ?

MrsSigEpMock
    when spell check goes bad!!! :crossx:

MrsSigEpMock
    What direction is "soyth" ?
    how many is "tem"?

Beer-30
    And I think I have been headed "soyth" before, but only after several beers.

MrsSigEpMock
    And I think I have been headed "soyth" before, but only after several beers.
    about after "tem" beers???

Beer-30
    about after "tem" beers???
    teht's about right!

Not So Fast
    You guys are harsh. NSF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast