Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wax that works??

GUGS102
    Looking for a wax that will last. Boats gel and brown. I've tried everything I can find and usually lasts for no more than a month before I re apply. Anything better out there? Anything specific for gel?
    Thanks,
    Gugs

Nucking futs
    I use a teflon coating from west marine. Ive tries several waxes and they never last. Someone told me that the wax melts at 89* anyways. Water spots wipe right off with the teflon.

455Rocket
    Regular ol' Turtle Wax lasts longer than anything I have tried... even the $8.00/bottle marine stuff.
    Do you wipe your boat down w/ anything at the ramp? That's where wax meets its demise...

NautiTwins
    I use Meguires cleaning wax followed by two coats of the finish was, every trip out. Did not really need it but I liked the hull to look new, so I did it everytime out.
    Also you have to wipe your boat down after use. Distilled water and vinager work well to get the water spots off.
    Just my .02!

NELSON#109
    I use a teflon coating from west marine. Ive tries several waxes and they never last. Someone told me that the wax melts at 89* anyways. Water spots wipe right off with the teflon.
    THATS WHAT I USE, AND IT SEEMS TO BE THE BEST FOR GEL COAT. ITS THE SAME AS STAR BRIGHT TEFLON WAX.... YOU CAN BUY BOTH AT WEST MARINE, BUT THE WEST BRAND IS CHEAPER. CARNUBA WAX IS A WAIST OF TIME ON A BOAT... IT BREAKS DOWN AT ABOUT 85* LIKE FUTS SAID.

79Challenger
    THATS WHAT I USE, AND IT SEEMS TO BE THE BEST FOR GEL COAT. ITS THE SAME AS STAR BRIGHT TEFLON WAX.... YOU CAN BUY BOTH AT WEST MARINE, BUT THE WEST BRAND IS CHEAPER. CARNUBA WAX IS A WAIST OF TIME ON A BOAT... IT BREAKS DOWN AT ABOUT 85* LIKE FUTS SAID.
    Hey Nelson. Haven't seen you around here in a while. Remember me? Still got those badges?

Beer-30
    I use Meguires cleaning wax followed by two coats of the finish was, every trip out. Did not really need it but I liked the hull to look new, so I did it everytime out.
    Also you have to wipe your boat down after use. Distilled water and vinager work well to get the water spots off.
    Just my .02!
    Vinegar will strip wax right off.
    I use Eagle One "Wipe-n-Shine" spray detailer. It removes the days collection of waterspots and is designed to help your wax between waxings. Will not strip. I happen to like Eagle One as it is readily available at any auto place. Any of the other brands work just as well. Meguiars, Mothers, Griots.

gregr1971
    DuPont teflon wax, black bottle, on the shelf at wal-mart, 5.00, real slick! and lasts too!

GUGS102
    I bought the teflon and instantly was NOT impressed. Did not remove any oixidation at all. So after pondering the situation, I used an cleaner wax to pull of the junk on top and tried the teflon after. About the same finish but if it lasts longer, I'm all over it. AZ is not nice to anything so hopefully this stuff will work.
    Gugs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast