Thread: Lake Martinez Peeps

NautiTwins
    We are planning a trip down there. Can anyone give us some tips? We will be camping.
    Does the lake hook up to the river? Is it a desert lake, or are there alot of trees? Where is the best place to stay. Does it get really busy? If so are there coves where you can get away from the riff raff?
    Thanks in advance.

GrapeApe
    We are planning a trip down there. Can anyone give us some tips? We will be camping.
    Does the lake hook up to the river? Is it a desert lake, or are there alot of trees? Where is the best place to stay. Does it get really busy? If so are there coves where you can get away from the riff raff?
    Thanks in advance.
    Do you need Hookups? There is camping at both Martinez & Fishers. Off weekends aren't to crazy. The lake does attach to the River.. There are Trees & Toolies. Actually some good fishing.. The are coves, small beaches, and depending on water Level, plenty of Sandbars.
    *** Grape Ape ***

NautiTwins
    Do you need Hookups? There is camping at both Martinez & Fishers. Off weekends aren't to crazy. The lake does attach to the River.. There are Trees & Toolies. Actually some good fishing.. The are coves, small beaches, and depending on water Level, plenty of Sandbars.
    *** Grape Ape ***
    Thank you. We do not need hook ups. I was just trying to get a feel for what it looks like. Is the lake a lake? Or is it just where the river widens. Or is it like Havasu where the river runs through it?

GrapeApe
    It's not like Havasu... The Lake is not that Big.. There is a small outlet where the Lake meets up with the River..
    When you turn right on the Road into Martinez, you will see Trees on the right side. You can find a spot under the Trees to set up Camp. I believe it's $5 per person, each day...
    *** Grape Ape ***

NautiTwins
    It's not like Havasu... The Lake is not that Big.. There is a small outlet where the Lake meets up with the River..
    When you turn right on the Road into Martinez, you will see Trees on the right side. You can find a spot under the Trees to set up Camp. I believe it's $5 per person, each day...
    *** Grape Ape ***
    Thank you very much.

Brady Bunch
    When are you guys coming down?

NautiTwins
    When are you guys coming down?
    We do not have an exact date yet, but I am thinking towards the end of June.

NautiTwins
    If I remember right you're running a Jet?
    This is a great part of the River for a jetboat, you can run bigger boats down there, The Brady Boys did and I've seen some 26 and 27'ers down our way, you just have to learn the water, just like everywhere else I suppose. The actual lake portion of Martinez is very small, most of the boating that takes place is on the actual river. Like mentioned before there are quite a few sandbars, the bottom is not rocky so if you are running a prop you wont tear anything up. There is a usually a huge Sandbar up river about 10 minutes from Martinez Resort where most people meet up and Party, if you want seclusion you can head up river about another 20 minutes or so and there are some really great beaches and smaller sandbars to hang on.
    As far as a place to stay, if you want to hang out and party then "The Trees" as Grape Ape mentioned is a good place, also try and get a spot at Fishers Landing, both are close to the Bars and Restaraunts, if you want a place that you can go to at night and listen to the frogs get it on then I highly recommend Squaw Lake, it is a State Campground/Launch Facility, it has really nice clean restrooms with shower, you can camp right next to the water and your boat (in a tent) or if you have a MoHo you have to camp on the blacktop about 100 yerds from your boat.
    Actually, we got rid of the jet and have a tower boat now. I'm comfortable running in shallow water and I know that it is really sandy down there. Thanks for all the great information. I will let you guys know when we are coming down.