Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a trip!!! CFW or BUST!

voodooCanoe
    Well we made it back from CFW, but what a hell trip it was!
    Started out Friay night from Portland about 9pm, weather was turning bad real quick and the roads were just soaked with very heavy rains. No problem, were from Oregon, we get rain all the time.
    About 2 hours into the trip we notice that the motor home is starting to develop a slight mis-fire when trying to pull the hills. (Little did we now at that time was the miss was caused from water getting into the air inake and soaking the air filter.) so on with the story.
    Now after limping along and trying to keep the rpms down so it wouldn't cut out, we hit the ice covered, rutted to holy hell road, at the top of the pass. That I might add we had to cross due to I-5 being shut down due to mud slides. Now were moving along at about 15mph trying to keep out of the ditch and trying not so shake the living crap out of the coach. Finally we hit K-Falls at about 2:30 am and decide to pull over and get some rest.
    We wake up Saturday morning and hit the road again 7am. Thinking that the mis-fire was a bad fuel filter we were suprised that the coach was running so well. 65 mph, pulling hills no problem and we were making good time. Then the rain started again ouside of Shasta City the miss was back and bad. Having to pull onto the shoulder and limp our way over the pass we finnaly made it to Redding where we were lucky to find a Jiffy Lube that could fit the coach in their shop and would change our fuel filter.( Now we found the water problem.)
    Back on the road to CFW, everything running great, the sun coming out, things were looking good! Made it to camp around 2pm.
    The weather couldn't have been better, not a cloud in the sky, boats on the water, t-shirt weather for us Oregon folk.
    Had a great time Saturday and New Years eve, (all except for one fellow board member that can't handle his booze, Ain't that right crash! )
    It was great meeting everyone and hanging out, you all are good fun!!!
    Then comes the New Year. The weather was holding off until noon then the rain and wind started kicking again, time to go.
    Pull out of CFW, cross the bridge and take the left to head back to Wheatland. Heading into 50 mph winds, we just get to speed then BANG!!! the roof of the RV popped and now is trying to be ripped off from the wind. The complete left side is peeled from front to back and is flopping in the wind. We get up on the roof in the driving wind and rain, get the duct tape out and make a temporary fix. We make it to Yuba City and find a gas station that we can get under some shelter and get thing dried off to make the dust tape 100mph proof.
    Back on the road, and into the rain . Here it comes again, the mis-fire. Stopping every couple of hours or so the swap out the air fiter we finally make it home. Not the best trip ever, but one that we won't forget!!
    Happy New Year everyone and may thing look up from here!!

ColeTR2
    Wow good story glad you made it home OK

BILLY.B
    [QUOTE=voodooCanoe]Well we made it back from CFW, but what a hell trip it was!
    Started out Friay night from Portland about 9pm, weather was turning bad real quick and the roads were just soaked with very heavy rains.
    QUOTE]You had me turning around already!!!! :rollside:

GofastRacer
    Wow that is a bummer, glad you made it home safe though!..

BIGCHRIS
    Sounds like u guys had a hella of time .The top of the RV probally would have pushed me over the edge :220v: glad u guys made it back alright

Squirtin Thunder
    Holly Hell !!!
    Wow I though Oregan Motorhomes knew how to run in the rain ??? J/K
    I am glad you had a good time !!!

Bt273
    It was good talking to you guys sun, the rose boy finally made the apearance!hope to catch up with you guys again this year on your turf,maybe somebody we know can join us,if he begs correctly!

voodooCanoe
    Holly Hell !!!
    Wow I though Oregan Motorhomes knew how to run in the rain ??? J/K
    I am glad you had a good time !!!
    So did I, but have had it since new and usually only use it in the summer. the longest I think I have driven it in the winter, before this, is to the Oregon coast, which is only about a hour and 1/2 away.
    It took about 2 hours in the HEAVY rain to have the problem start.
    Needless to say I think I will be talking to factory soon. Souldn't have this issue with any coach let alone one that is 5 years old this less that 20k on the odometer!

waterwitch
    It was so great meeting you!
    Our trip was rough as well. The vent ripped off on the
    way down, the ezup scratched the boat, I don't think
    there is one vent in the camper that didn't leak, and did
    I mention it rained every single day?
    But you know, you can't find better people then the ones
    you meet and see in CFW! That is why we will go back!

voodooCanoe
    It was good talking to you guys sun, the rose boy finally made the apearance!hope to catch up with you guys again this year on your turf,maybe somebody we know can join us,if he begs correctly!
    Would be great to have you come up, if not we'll see you in RED BLUFF. Will be fun having you on the line!
    Yes, it was nice to have the "Rose boy" make it out of bed! All the puking must have made him a little tired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast