Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Securing carpet ?

1968Droptop
    What do you guys use to secure your carpet down ? I need to fix the area outside my stringers in the back of the boat. The carpet is there, but not staying in place. I heard about using a spray in adheasive, but also heard it never comes off. I don't want that, as I plan on redoing the interior sometime in the future, and may change my mind at that time as to what I want it to look like. Thanks guys.

9er
    I used some 3M Super 77 and some Stainless Staples.
    It'll come off when I need it to.

Knucklehead
    I used some 3M Super 77 and some Stainless Staples.
    It'll come off when I need it to.
    You really used staples??
    I need to fix my carpet also rear right corner fallen down I was going to use some spray adhesive from autozone, is that not a good idea??

IMPATIENT 1
    I need to fix my carpet also rear right corner fallen down I was going to use some spray adhesive from autozone, is that not a good idea??
    it won't stick bro, try and get some exterior carpet glue.that's what i use and havin great luck with it.home depot,places like that carry it for indoor/outdoor carpet.it looks like peanut butter and spreads like it too.i doubt you could pull my carpet loose.you'll need a saraded(sp?) trowl to spread it but its waterproof and made to be rain on.

Knucklehead
    staple gun or duck tape
    I was thinking of hiring an illegal from home depot parkinglot, he could hold the carpet up, open beers and let me know when I need to turn on the bildge :crossx:

67weimann
    I was thinking of hiring an illegal from home depot parkinglot, he could hold the carpet up, open beers and let me know when I need to turn on the bildge :crossx:
    funny shiot...not a bad idea though...

1968Droptop
    Staples ...yikes ! I don't want to intensionally put holes in my boat.

bergen
    dont you use those sticks with all dem nails in-um,

1968Droptop
    LMAO, you guys are crazy :sqeyes: !!! I might as well rivit it in. Or better yet get out the grade 8 3/4" nuts and bolts :hammer2: .

9er
    Whoops, I thought I was reading the trailer bunk thread.
    I DID NOT use staples in my boat stringers, just the trailer!!
    When we did the carpet I used the thick carpet adhesive and a 1/8 "V" notch trowel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast