Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy a GM vehicle & pay $1.99 for a gal of gas

99 232 baja
    Gm is running a promotion when you buy or lease certain vehicles you will only pay $1.99 a gallon for a year. Tahoes ,Suburbans and many more. And they are really pushing it in California. How much will you save pulling your boat to the lake?

Gilligan
    I would not buy a GM product if the gas was free for life. They need to spend the same amount of time on quality as they do on catchy names.

99 232 baja
    I would not buy a GM product if the gas was free for life. They need to spend the same amount of time on quality as they do on catchy names. Sorry to hear that,so you drive a Asian car.

MagicMtnDan
    I would not buy a GM product if the gas was free for life. They need to spend the same amount of time on quality as they do on catchy names.
    Lemme guess, you drive the ultimate in automotive quality...a Ford, right?

99 232 baja
    I didn't mean for this thread to be a p*ssing match as to what vehicle was better, just some heads up on what is offered out there. In most cases out in California I would think you would save a $1.00+ a gal.,that seems to be alot a cash in your pocket when pulling your toys on the weekends.

soupersonic
    That would be cool if needed a new vehicle and liked Chevy's.
    If you drove 30,000 miles per year and averaged 15 MPG that would save you $2000

PHX ATC
    I would bet there is a cap on the amount (gals or dollar) of gas you can use this promo on.
    I say carpool with Tom Brown in your natural gas vehicle. Imagine the savings there!

dego red
    You wana ride in this????

rerfert
    Here is the link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060523/.../gm_gas_rebate
    AS Noted
    One hitch to the promotion is that customers must also agree to enroll in the OnStar vehicle diagnostic service, which is free for the first year but after that will cost $16.95 a month. The other is that many of the eligible vehicles are serious gas guzzlers.
    Each month for one year, GM will give drivers a (one hitch)credit on a prepaid card(one hitch) based on their estimated fuel usage. Fuel usage will be calculated by the miles they drive,as recorded by OnStar, and (one hitch) the vehicle's fuel economy rating.
    GM will credit drivers (one hitch) the difference between the average price per gallon in their state and the $1.99 cap. The credits can be used through December 2007. Consumers wouldn't get any credits if gas prices fall below $1.99.
    And that is in the first few lines :yuk: ....It's something BUT not much better than nothing.
    I'll keep my79 chevy truck...It's paid for(now if they were giving FREE Air conditioning)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast